Gig report, 3rd Power Project CD Release at Tiki Bar Costa Mesa CA

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by LuckyScott, May 12, 2019.

1. One of the bands I play in is called 3rd Power Project and we played saturday night to a packed house at the Tiki Bar. It was a CD release party with the CD of original music produced by Gilby Clark of Guns and Roses being finished and available on all the digital networks.

band.JPG

McG, mrcbass, fretter and 22 others like this.
  2. selfie.JPG Great band with an amazing singer that happens to be enjoying her third month of pregnancy. She still rocks out.
    Here is my obligatory "BassCliff" selfie....

3. Drummer Dana does a great job and has played this same set of drums for 43 years.

dana.JPG

4. Ravin has an amazing voice and is a great performer. Being pregnant hasn't slowed her down a bit, but I imagine the next trimester may.... ravin.JPG

5. Here is the official band flyer.........

flyer.PNG

6. Action shot of me being me.......

selfie2.JPG

7. Scott Rose on guitar......Cant figure out how to rotate photo

guitar scott.JPG

8. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi Scott!

The gig looks great. Sorry your guitar player got a little sideways. I do that sometimes. :p ;)

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

9. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Nice report... I went to high school with Gilby, jammed a few times and once bought an old Vox head from him. Been nearly 40 years, but he was one of those guys that just got along with everyone!

-robert

10. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Here ya go!

guitar scott.JPG

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

11. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. In Memoriam

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Nice report. Thank you for sharing.

Isn't it funny that it's still called a "CD Release Party" when nowadays most albums are released on Amazon, Apple, or.... matter of fact, sidebar thought-- who actually does CD's anymore?

LuckyScott, nixdad and JRA like this.
  12. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

very cool gig situation, LuckyScott !

looks like it went off without a hitch and that you had some legitimate fun. i especially like the "basscliff selfie" --- nice touch! thanks for sharing your gig experience! :thumbsup:

13. G19Tony

G19Tony

Apr 27, 2018
    Las Vegas, NV
    Cool gig. The BassCliff selfie was perfect. :thumbsup:

14. Thank you BassCliff, for fixing my guitar player. Thanks everybody for the kind words.
    Yes, We still make CD's, but most sales are over the net now.

15. Inky13

Inky13

Nov 13, 2016
    Buffalo NY
    I don’t think your singer is far enough along to be playing on
    Placentia Ave. :)

16. Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a pretty decent stage. I'm envious of a stage that you can move around on.

Spidey2112 and LuckyScott like this.
  17. lot's of people still do CD's. We get a bunch every day in the mail at the community radio station where I volunteer.

18. growlypants

growlypants

Nov 10, 2012
    Atlanta
    I was just gonna' say: All you have to do is turn your head sideways! (Works for me, anyway!). But BassCliff's fix would work, too.)

19. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Excellent, @LuckyScott!
    Thanks for posting, and keep 'em coming!

20. Here is the song list of the songs on I tunes......

IMG_4883-2.JPG

Jimmy4string likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 6, 2021