Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Gis Spam- i am so stoked!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by adrian garcia, Aug 22, 2004.

1. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    last night, i got to play at the Shrine Auditorium in LA , where they hold the Grammies, Emmies, etc... what a cool gig!
    i was there with Martin Nievera, known as the Concert King in the Phillipines and with Patti Austin, who has always been a favorite vocalist, she of Quincy Jones fame and her many hits.
    carey Nordstrand came out and suppiled his own bass as backup and i played one of his creations.. just wonderful.
    That is what i love about this business, though i have been doing it for about 30 years, i feel like a kid in a toy store!
    next week, the Rosemont in Chicago :hyper: :bassist:

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    congrats! How's the gitters playing at these major places? I played a couple spots in NYC over the years that i'd seen idols in my youth at... it was surreal.

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    thanks, James- at this stage, no jitters , really, other than makingf sure i nailed Patti Austin parts, i have plaed the Martin Nievera charts before. it was a gas... Patti is super sweet, considering its usually Neil Stubenhaus, Nathan East or Louis Johnson , i was quite honored!

4. Wow! Great to hear, Adrian. Filling in for Nathan East would be quite an honor to say the least.

5. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    well, i wasn't really filling in for him, is just a taste of what she is used to working with- this was Martins band, of which i am a member- she was stuck with me!

6. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Haha...great job Mr. "AG" :D How was the Sadowsky?? Got the thang for ya??? Did you played Carey's personal bass? :bag:

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    thanks, Horace- i played your bass- yes, YOUR bass! we gotta let the cat outta the bag sometime ( no! not THAT cat! ;) )
    i got to play around with Carey's , but yours got the gig, bro- hey! MAYBE, San Fran in Oct!

8. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Wow cool! I hope Carey took some pics :hyper: Oct in SF!!! I'll be there...so did you played your Sadowsky??? :D

ps...don't know what "cat" you are referring to :rollno: :bag: I know nothing :D

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    i'm telling you, I DID NOT BRING THE SADOWSKY! ( next week in Chicago, i will have it )
    hey, play dumb pretyy darn good! ;)

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, adrian, that's kick ass. :hyper: :hyper:

11. Carey

Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    Here's some pics I got at soundcheck.

The two basses are:
    On the left, my personal bass that I brought as a backup for Adrian.
    On the right, a bass that I had my new assistant build for practice that turned out so nice we ended up selling it. It's an Access Bass special with a sunburst finish. All ash body with a maple neck and birdseye fingerboard. It has my dual coils and an F bass preamp. Sounds good eh Adrian?

12. Carey

Carey

Jan 18, 2002
    Redlands, CA
    And here's one more shot of the whole band with Patti doing a tune during sound check.
    Man, Patti is good. When she's on it gives me chills.

13. Hman

Hman

Jan 8, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Cool Carey...you got any pics of the girl that sings with Martin? :D

Nice looking Nordies my friend....come to papa H :eek:

14. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    cool pics, Carey. Don't tell H about the "Who " style finale!

15. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I'm liking the sound of the "Access Bass Special". Ash/Maple/F Bass Pre. Very cool!

16. odie

odie Supporting Member

Im going to put this is in gig stories. Maybe it will end up in basses.

Very cool Adrian. Thanx for sharing!

17. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Wow... sounds like something Adrian would've ordered just for himself!! Sweet :D

18. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Thats great Adrian! Congratulations!