gk 400b specs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by grinx, Nov 17, 2003.

1. grinx

Mar 24, 2003
    Raleighwood, NC
    hi all

a bandmate says he has a gk400b head sitting somewhere, he knows nothing about it, i have only heard of gk400Rb's myself

can anyone tell me anything about this amp, if it exists or does my friend actually have an RB and he just made a mistake in telling me the model number?

2. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    I believe there have been a total of 4 versions made. The first looked like the 800RB, but was only 2 rack spaces high and was capable of an output 200 Watts at 4 Ohms. I believe the Mark-II looked similar to the Mark-III, but still only put out 200 Watts. Not sure about this one. The Mark-III looks like the 700RB-I and the 1001RB-I, and is capable of putting out 240 Watts at 4 Ohms. The latest and greatest in the series, sporting the (not so attractive, IMO) chrome, the 400RB-IV, which is capable of putting out 280 Watts at 4 Ohms.

Yes, it exists. However, until you show us a picture, that's all the help you'll get. ::shrugs:: :p
  3. I think it's most likely a typo. The GK website doesn't show a manual for a 400B.
  4. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    I'm an idiot...I misread. Yes, there's also a 400B. It preceeded the RB series. I believe it also was capable of 200 Watts at 4 Ohms. Sorry!!!
  5. I also stand corrected. :D
  6. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I have seen one. They are old!