Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

gk 400b specs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by grinx, Nov 17, 2003.

1. grinx

grinx

Mar 24, 2003
    Raleighwood, NC
    hi all

a bandmate says he has a gk400b head sitting somewhere, he knows nothing about it, i have only heard of gk400Rb's myself

can anyone tell me anything about this amp, if it exists or does my friend actually have an RB and he just made a mistake in telling me the model number?

thanks!

2. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    I believe there have been a total of 4 versions made. The first looked like the 800RB, but was only 2 rack spaces high and was capable of an output 200 Watts at 4 Ohms. I believe the Mark-II looked similar to the Mark-III, but still only put out 200 Watts. Not sure about this one. The Mark-III looks like the 700RB-I and the 1001RB-I, and is capable of putting out 240 Watts at 4 Ohms. The latest and greatest in the series, sporting the (not so attractive, IMO) chrome, the 400RB-IV, which is capable of putting out 280 Watts at 4 Ohms.

Yes, it exists. However, until you show us a picture, that's all the help you'll get. ::shrugs:: :p

3. I think it's most likely a typo. The GK website doesn't show a manual for a 400B.

4. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    I'm an idiot...I misread. Yes, there's also a 400B. It preceeded the RB series. I believe it also was capable of 200 Watts at 4 Ohms. Sorry!!!

5. I also stand corrected. :D

6. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    I have seen one. They are old!