GK Backline 600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jrug, Apr 21, 2005.

1. I just picked one of these up today. I didn't even know that GK was going to make these but I came across it at the ol' GC. It says Backline on it so I walked right past it but the price tag called me bck over. I took a look behind it to see if it was restricted to 8ohms, but it's not so I plugged it in and was really surprised. I'm a bigtime GK fan and always liked the sound of the old Backlines but they never had enough power and weren't even usable for any of my cabs, so I just left them alone.

This thing is sweet. It's got a great tone and more diversity then the 400, 700 and 1001RB series. I bought it for use at home but I have no doubt that I could easily gig with it. Overall I think I still prefer my 1001 for it's smooth and even tone, but this little fella definitely has good things going for it. Even used amps at this price would have a hard time comparing. I don't think you can find a better amp than this for $300 new.
  2. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I saw one at my local GC, too, today. I only fooled with it for a few seconds. I was too impressed with the 1001RB-II and 410SBX I was playing with. THe new Backline 2x10s are $189. I smell a new bargain phenomenom.

3. Yeah, I'm thinking the GK boys have had enough of Behringer's crap. :D
  4. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Musician's Friend is blowing out the old BackLine cabs, maybe Guitar Center is as well?

I'm thinking of maybe running down to GC tomorrow if they have one of these in stock, and snagging a BackLine 1x15 for a <$450 smaller rig.

More comments comparing this new one to the old GK heads though! I may be putting up my own soon enough.
  5. big evil robot

big evil robot

Feb 27, 2005
    Edmonton, AB, Canada
    Innovations Music - Retailer
    I've got the backline 4x10 and I love it. Its like half an ampeg 8x10, no ports man!!!
    I've been considering a 15 to go with, but I'm hoping maybe they'll put out a 12 or a 212, that would be nice.

I need a gk head to go with it though, I have bad GAS right now.
  6. Does your Backline 410 cab have alot of "thump" to it or is it kinda wimpy sounding?
  7. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    If you want a non-ported GK 1x15, either get one of the old Backline 1x15 cabs or an SBX. The New Backline Mark II 1x15 cab has at least one rear port (however the new 2x10 and 4x10 are both still sealed), according to Musician's Friend.
  8. Rat

Mar 15, 2005
    Boston Sewers
    I just snaged GK backline 210 combo that uses the same Backline 600 head .... it sounds awsome!!
  9. The backline 115 has always been rear ported.
  10. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I blame Musician's Friend. :spit:

Their ad includes no mention of a rear port on the old 115BLX, but it does with the new 115BLX-II.

I should've checked GK's website before I posted anything, though. My fault.