1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GK MB2-500, Wizzy 10

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by 59jazz, Apr 11, 2010.

1. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Any EUB players try this combination? I'm new to the eub world, and am not experienced on what sounds great and what doesn't. So far, this setup sounds ok, but I'm interested in trying an older Clarus I and EA Micro 300 or any other eub friendly head, that would sound good between my Bug Bass and W10.

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I don't play EUB but I have the GK head and I had the Wizzy 10. I sold the Wizzy 10 b/c the high mids were too much for me. It sounded good with my URB but not with EB or my Mouse. That head sounds good with many cabs such as the Bag End 15, the Epi UL110, the Wizzy 12, the Markbass NY121 (and many more).

3. bassdaddyfive

bassdaddyfive

Feb 12, 2009
    Kenosha Wi.
    I go with a Bug Bass into a EA doubler or AI Clarus head into a 12 wizzy M line or a wizzy 10. Great sound for my Bug Bass. I have found out that EUB's and UB's have a slightly diffrent set of needs, and sonic requirements. That rig works for me, and the wizzy 10 is good for EB too.

4. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I don't have the same EUB, and haven't used this amp setup, but using my BSX Allegro 5 string EUB with a Markbass LMII and Accugroove Tri112L (both bought used) has gotten me an excellent sound. Great at low volumes to emulate the volume level of an unamplified URB, and yet still enough headroom and lowend extesnsion to get LOUD if I want it. YMMV.

5. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Thanks for the response guys! So far I'm diggin' the Bug and I really like the Wizzy 10. I think I'll use the GK for my slab gigs, and find something else for the eub/W10 combo. Last year I played my Bug through my former LM II head and Tornadobass' Wizzy 10; It sounded fabulous. Tornadobass and I will be getting together this week end to compare notes, and try different amp/cab combinations.

6. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    The little GK sounds good with URB. Just have to cut the lows a bit. Chris Wood uses one.