1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

GK speakon question (Help!)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Denfunk, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Denfunk

Denfunk

Mar 10, 2012
    Hi,
    I have a GK MB Fusion head and a Neo410. I think the speakon included with the cab in suitable for bi-amp (4 pole). Ca I use it to with my head and the cab in full range selection? Really wanna to plug it and play but afraid of burn it all :crying:

Thanks!!!

2. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    It'll be fine. Set the switch in "full range" selection, plug the cables in and play. That's why the switch is there.

3. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    Don't confuse the MB fusion with the Fusion 550 - the MB series class D heads are not "bi-ampable", aka in GK speak as their horn management system. Don't be afraid though, it works fine with your cab set to full range.

4. Denfunk

Denfunk

Mar 10, 2012
    Thank you!

5. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    I thought the OP was aware of that and was afraid it wouldn't work because he knows his head is not bi-ampable. And he wondered if it was okay to use a bi-amping cable with his head.

The cab set in full range you connect the woofers and tweeters to what is coming in, regardless of which 2 wires in the 4-wire cable carry the signal.

OP, if you set the switch to bi-amp you either hear only the woofers working or only the tweeter. (But I assume only the woofers.)

6. Denfunk

Denfunk

Mar 10, 2012
    Everything is clear now! Thanks again! :D