Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Go see Bernie Brains!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by mebusdriver, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Really cool show. I saw em last night, tons of fun. Buckethead is crazy good. And Bernie Worell is out there too. I'm not much for jam scenes but I'm definately glad I went to this one. Don't miss em. Oh, and there's a really hot little asian girl opening up and appearing on some of the songs. Great show.

2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Got an e-mail from a buddy who caught them last week:

"Went to the show last night in Ashville. One of the best shows ive ever seen in my life, if you get the chance go see them. We got there early and got front row center, no space inbetween front row and stage so I was two feet from both Buckethead and Claypool the entire night (Never will I get that close again). The girl that does the background voices on the Cd was there also, her name is Gabby La La. A very cool Asian chick who played some freaky instruments. Bernie was usual Bernie. Brain opened with a solo just hitting an equipment case. Not sure how he did not break his hands in the process. He had a badass 10 minute solo in the middle of the show. Claypool came out in several mask including a pig face, monkey face, and an elvis face. Buckethead was amazing, played some of his old stuff for the encore. He came out with a michael jackson mask and did his break dancing, he about fell over a cord in the process. When he first came out he walked right to the front and just stared right down at me, freaked me out. Just looking into those black eye holes not knowing what is inside will freak anybody out. Later in the show he broke out with the star wars theme."

I have to see these guys.

3. I havent even picked up the cd yet, but im sure ill like it, im a huge les/buckethead/bernie fan.

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Just snagged my tix for the Fillmore show in Denver! Hoooo!!!! :D

5. Well it's nowhere near the best show I'll ever see. But what went on was definately cool. The night was solely about groove.

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Where does one look for tickets for this???