Godlyke Deity Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassjunior, Sep 1, 2005.

1. I just saw and played the Godlyke Deity 5 string, and really liked it (luckily the shop had my exact setup in-store, so I got a feel for what it would really sound like).

However, the sales staff didn't have the price on hand, and looking at it now it's 2500$ USD! YIKES!!!

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on this bass? I was talking to the sales guy afterwards and he thought it was overpriced, even though he didn't know the price, and I know I can get an awesome bass for way less than that. BUT, it was sexy as hell.

Suggestions for a similar but lower priced alternative are always appreciated.
  2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    Check the company website. I seem to remember that you could buy direct from them. They also had two on ebay the other day. Real cheap prices on those. I like the looks of them, just haven't been able to see/play one in person yet.
  3. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
  4. kelbrihan

kelbrihan Banned [Deceiving users with multiple usernames] Banned

Dec 2, 2004
    Why are these so pricey, they look like an Ibanez or Fernandes to me. For the price I would avoid looking like a budget bass. Is it for those who want an Fernandes but at a custom price? :help:
  5. It sounded great. I first tried it through a Fender (a 15"? 12") Rumble bass cab, and it sounded just great completly flat. Then I thought to myself, "Hey, this is the best store in town, they've got an Eden WT 800 and Eden 210 XLT in stock, that's my setup!"

So, tried it through that, and what a difference. The 210 was actually a really old Eden (Black logo background intead of the new gold) and was really warm. I tell ya, that 18V preamp is mega loud, I actually had to use the 12db pad to get a reasonable in-store volume.

After getting the settings all flattened out I just set the enhance to half and played for an hour straight. Really smooth neck action, and reading about the tapered fingerboard makes me understand the ease of playing I found. At first I was a bit put off by the set neck, but it seems really strong and doesn't impede the sound at all. Ebony fingerboard SEXY! and great sound conducting material. One day I'd love to get an all Ebony bass, just for the hell of it.....any custom makers got a quote for me? :D

As for the sound itself, as most people will tell you, Eden sound is really Eden sound, but this bass just made it better. The B was super-defined and the rest of the strings had an even sound all the way up the neck. I really enjoy the shape, Ferenandes comparisons aside, and the natural finish is really attractive. Easy access to all frets, and the pickup positioning is just great for guys like me who use string position to change tone. The J is in just the right place for a warm but not muddy bass heavy sound, and the bucker is just right for fast and tight treble sound.

The only thing really missing from this bass in my opinion is a ramp, and that could easily be added. BUT, pricey pricey pricey. I'm still going to find out what the store wants retail, but there's no way I'm paying 2500$, maybe 1750$ as has been mentioned in this thread.

Thanks for the help folks.
  6. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Uhh, that doesn't seem like much bass for that money, judging by the specs and pics. SPC pickups? huh? Also, the preamp layout looks strikingly similar to my TRB - which I never regarded as having the best treble boost or midrange control. In fact, the whole thing looks like a Yamaha BB body morphed with a soundgear, with MTD Heir pickups topped off with a cheezy Ibanez cherryburst finish....

But don't let me come off as a naysayer - I haven't played one!

No offense of course, I just can't believe that things for 2500!! You could get a (NICE) new Elrick, Pedulla, Roscoe, etc for that price!