1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Going to Nashville

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by johnson79, Jan 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Looks like I'll be going to Nashville for a few days in March for work.
    I should warn you, I'm not a country fan, and that's what I think of when I hear Nashville.
    Anything I should try and see? Cool bars? Guitar shops? Regional foods to try?

I don't have any details yet, but I'm looking forward to visiting a new city?

Thanks in advance, y'all.

2. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    Gruhn's Guitars and Jack's BBQ.

johnson79 likes this.
  3. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    There are a couple of jazz clubs, check to see if Jim Ferguson is playing anywhere.

PaulPriest76 and johnson79 like this.
  4. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    LOL. neither is Nashville these days

fhm555, filmtex and johnson79 like this.
  5. PaulPriest76

PaulPriest76 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Kentucky
    Peg Leg Porker, and Martin's BBQ for BBQ. Jack's is good too. Loveless Cafe or Monell's for fried chicken and good biscuits.
    Also make SURE you go to Hattie B's and try some Hot Chicken. There are several good Hot Chicken places but Hattie's is a good start. Another Nashville tradition is the Meat and Three. Arnolds is a classic, and its right by Carter Vintage(more on that later) on 8th Ave. If you're not into country, catch a show at The Basement or Basement East(it might be country too...but they have good rock shows), and there's jazz and blues around town as well. Third and Lindlsey and The Exit Inn are always fun too.
    Check out Carter Vintage for killer vintage Fender basses and other cool stuff, and Corner Music on 12 South. Have fun!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    TheBear and GregC like this.
  6. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    Annsman Pro Audio Dealer
    That's hilarious!

7. Low84

Low84 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Book yourself a night out at The Bluebird Cafe. Regardless of the type of music you're into/not into, it's a fun evening.

A good song is a good song is a good song. Some of the best songwriters on Earth live in that city... and to hear a handful of them play their stuff and intimately tell their tales on how those tunes came to be is simply super-entertaining and fascinating.

I can't think of a more Nashville thing to do, especially one that's not "dumb touristy," which is what you do down on Broadway.

PaulPriest76 and Leo Smith like this.
  8. PaulPriest76

PaulPriest76 Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Kentucky
    AMEN!!!!!