Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Going to see Chick Corea Elektrik Band tonight!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Philbiker, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I think it's the original lineup of Corea / Weckl / Patitucci / Marienthal / Gambale. Should be fun!!!!! :bassist:

2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    according to gambale ric fierabracci is the permanent replacement so id be suprised if it was j.p.

3. Wow, I really envy you that one!
    Have fun.

4. +1 :hyper:

5. Yeah, I hear that. If John wasn't there I wouldn't be.

6. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    wasnt Pope playing with chick?

7. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    youre missing out. ric is a monster.

8. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I have a great bootleg of the Elektric Band from last year. Mike Pope is on bass. There's no drop in quality when JP isn't there.

9. Ok even if Patitucci wasn't there, do you think these guys would play with just any wanker on bass?

10. Philbiker

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Fierabracci was fantastic. The whole show was mind boggling.

11. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    Yes Mike was with them a couple of years ago.He was right after Jimmy Earl-better known to some folks as Stanley Clarke's bass player.

12. JazzBassvb

JazzBassvb

Aug 5, 2003
    Yeah, Ric is pretty awesome.

Saw him about 2 or 3 years ago when he was touring with Brian Bromberg. Talk about getting your money's worth!

I appreciated the point that not just any bassist will be chosen by Chick to play with him. Ric is a nice pick. :)

Glad you enjoyed the show!

JB

13. I give Ric a thumbs up just because anyone who can make you stop flipping channels when you hit PBS and Yanni Live at the Acropolis is worthy of praise.

14. JazzBassvb

JazzBassvb

Aug 5, 2003
    Haha! That's good!

That's how I got turned on to him originally. My friend who is a great piano player was into Yanni and he showed my some of his stuff and brought in a CD of that performance. I was shocked to hear him and everytime I watch the video now, he leaves me with my jaw on the floor. He has some great technique under his fingers.

JB

15. Philbiker

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Gambale completely blew my mind more than anyone else on the stage. He's scary!!!

16. This is true for me as well. I stumbled upon Ric while flipping channels some years back. I landed on PBS and took in the entire (Yanni) show mainly thanks to Ric (but also thanks to Karen Briggs - violin). I've been a Fierabracci fan ever since.