1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good bass sound

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Woody_nailer666, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Woody_nailer666

Woody_nailer666

Mar 12, 2014
    WV
    Hello, I've been recording some home demos for my band (just for personal use) in garage band. I can't get the sound I want just plugging my bass in dry to the interface, and I don't have a DI box. And I live in an apartment where the neighbors are really close, so setting a cab, and mics up are out of the question. I was just wondering if it would be cool to plug my amp up to the interface without frying anything. I'm using an M-audio mobile pre interface, and an Ampeg PF 500 amp. I really love the sound I get at practice, but the presets on garage band are garbage. If anyone could give me some advice that would be awesome. Thanks.

2. Your amp has a balanced output and you can connect it to your interface with XLR-XLR/XLR-TRS cable. There is no problem.

3. bftbassman

bftbassman

Aug 23, 2014
    Ephrata PA
    my man Ampeg pf500 out the pre amp out then into usb mixer...you are right you have a great sound,,,that pf500 is a killer recording head

4. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    That's your problem. Why are you relying on presets? Take some time and learn how to adjust things in post without relying on presets and you'll likely be able to get a lot closer to what you're after.