1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good bass stores in Miami

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lucifer_sam, Feb 28, 2008.

1. lucifer_sam

lucifer_sam

Nov 5, 2007
    Hi everyone,

Next month I'm going to travel to Miami (I live in southamerica) and I definitely want to visit a good store and get a nice bass.
    My idea is to try different basses (fender, musicman, rickenbacker, etc).

Can you recomend me the best stores in that zone?

thanks!

2. lucifer_sam

lucifer_sam

Nov 5, 2007
    anyone?

3. ClassicJazz

ClassicJazz Bottom Feeders Unite!! Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Delray Beach, Florida
    The only good music store I know of in South Florida is MAE in Fort Lauderdale. They have a pretty good bass department there. Other then that...I've yet to find one.

4. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    +1. I'm from South Florida, and that's all I've found. It's on the south side of Ft. Lauderdale, though, so it's not that far from Miami at all.

I know nothing about guitar stores in South America, though, so Guitar Center and Sam Ash may very well be worth your while. GC tends to carry a number of Fenders and Musicmans, while Sam Ash sells a few Laklands.

You should know that it's impossible to find new Rickenbackers in stores. They're back-ordered for over a year, last I heard.

5. Theres also a store in Boynton Beach called Marathon Music, which is outside of West Palm Beach(thats about 40 miles from Miami). I dont know of any stores in Miami. People buy their equipment in the suburbs and play at gigs in Miami.

6. lucifer_sam

lucifer_sam

Nov 5, 2007
    Thanks a lot!

7. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Guitar Center in Kendall
    Sam Ash at International Mall
    Sam Ash in Miami Lakes
    Guitar Center in Hallandale
    Sims Music in North Miami
    Space Music in North Miami

That's about it.

MAE in Davie (Ft. Lauderdale) might have nicer high-end stuff, but I would call ahead since it is a 30-minute drive (without traffic).

Sam Ash don't carry Music Man. Guitar Center is much better. You won't find any Rickenbacker at any of these stores.