1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good deals on power supplies?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Sunset Shalom, Jan 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Sunset Shalom

Sunset Shalom

May 9, 2016
    So I have been looking for some more power supplies.

I have 1 cheap box with 10 jacks I filled up, this I use for most of my pedals but for a few that are noisy without an isolated power supply I want to buy a few nice long power cords.

Been looking on ebay, but I have yet to see any bulk deals. Looking to get at least 3-5.

Would prefer to spend as little as possible but I may spend more if I find a good deal on quality cables.

Should I try a daisy chain?

2. Sunset Shalom

Sunset Shalom

May 9, 2016
  3. Thrift stores.

Sunset Shalom likes this.
  4. Sunset Shalom

Sunset Shalom

May 9, 2016
    Interesting, I wouldn't think to look locally as I generally find the best deals online.

5. They usually have many in a large bin. Just match up the voltage, amperage, and polarity, along with the jack type. Only a couple bucks each.

Sunset Shalom likes this.
  6. lemueldave

lemueldave

May 10, 2016
    Made an alternative power supply using power banks that are commonly used for phones nowadays, along with a buck-boost up converter. And along with a daisy chain, it's very cheap for a hum-less pedalboard.