1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good Death metal Bass?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Allanpullay, May 11, 2010.

1. Allanpullay

Allanpullay

May 11, 2010
    I have been playing a Galveston 5string bass for almost 2 years now and have never got comfortable playing fast on it and i need to play fast for death metal i would like some people who know what they are talking about to give me some advice as to a good death metal tone 4 string bass that costs maybe between $500-700 and also im not the best player in the world anyone who would like to give tips would be appreiciated

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    P bass - but that's just me, I'm a Fender guy ;)

3. What is your amplification setup?

4. Allanpullay

Allanpullay

May 11, 2010
    100wat acoustic amp

5. Check out the guys at Bass Central I think they have a Spector Performer for around 399 used and they are great basses for Metal; just listen to BTBAM.

6. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Master Luthier: Ironclad Bass Guitars
    Definatley Spector or Peavey

7. Schecter Extreme

8. Allanpullay

Allanpullay

May 11, 2010
    i have heard lots of people say spector is there any perticular reason schecter is better?

9. Greevus

Greevus

Apr 15, 2009
    BC Rich NJ Beast. I have one that is looking for a possible new home.

10. Akshat

Akshat

Dec 7, 2007
    New Delhi,India
    Keeping the Groove staying out of Treble
    esp
    ibanez btb
    **** get anything your comfortable playing unless you want something that is "metal" looking then go for something like bc rich or esp f series or something

11. This thread again? The obvious answer is Spector.

12. Spector is your best bet.

I've played Death metal forever, using the Alex Webster style right hand technique. On mien the pickup placement was perfect, the thumbrest was solid on the pickups and very comfortable, and the tone was to die for.

13. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    The black one.

14. XtheDeadPawn

XtheDeadPawn

May 24, 2008
    Texas
    I use a ATK305 and I play mainly punk but, whenever I do go metal it never lets me down. I'm defianetly not going to suggest you get one the simple fact is a bass is just a bass look at Lemmy he gets that sound from a Ric. He may not play Canibal Corpse style songs but, the fact is just get a bass you like and feel comfortable on the rest is up to your technique, attack, settings, and amp EQ (if an active bass add in that).

For three years I used a Yamaha RBX170 for metal and it worked great I still use it to from time to time the point is basses are just paintbrushes in the end it'll look like Picasso or clown vomit.

Believe it or not that's what I learned most from this place.

15. David1234

David1234

Jun 1, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: SWR Amplifiers
    Daisy Rock "Rock Candy" in Atomic Pink

16. I'm in a metal bands and I play a clear purple bass. I guess I'm just more secure in my metalness than you.

17. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Anything brightly colored with smiley faces on it... Or the old Hello Kitty Fender. Perfect for a big, macho metal player!

18. mailboxmoney

mailboxmoney

Jun 29, 2006
    spector sounds more like death

19. SurrenderMonkey

SurrenderMonkey

Aug 18, 2006
    Liverpool