1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good Death metal Bass?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Allanpullay, May 11, 2010.

1. XigXag

XigXag

Mar 30, 2010
    Dayton Ohio
    Ya know, I seriously do wish I could get a DaisyRock daisy shaped bass. I'd rock that **** out! Guitars only tho :(

After a Google I do see used ones!

2. Progtastic

Progtastic

Mar 8, 2010
    Dallas
    Spector has better growls, a lot of metal bassists use them (myself included)

As far as playing fast, what helped me most was doing a number of exercises and keep playing faster and faster, but making sure it was clean. Fingers or pick?

3. muddycreek

muddycreek

Feb 26, 2010
    PRS. The one with the two P pickups, don't remember the model. Absolutely roars.

P bass is a good suggestion, too- meat with definition.

The most important thing, though, is that it feels good to you. A close second (or tied for first?) is whether you like the tone going through an amp set flat. After that, it's whether you like the looks/vibe/etc, if that matters to you. After that, the rest really doesn't matter.

4. yngwiewho1

yngwiewho1

Mar 2, 2009
    Tomball, Tx
    cannibal corpse, Behemoth, goatwhore, cattle decap, former cynic/portal, Satyricon, Protest the Hero, Enfold Darkness, Despised Icon, Arsis, between the buried and me, pantera, and porcupine tree all use spectors. there are probably more, but i would need to check.

5. yngwiewho1

yngwiewho1

Mar 2, 2009
    Tomball, Tx
    oh, and you can get the 4 string in 34' or 35' scale... the 35' is best for tuning to b. i play a 6 string spector and 5 string gary willis fretless in my death metal band. 2 completely different worlds but both are awesome for metal

6. Why is it that people who play metal music can't figure what bass to use? I don't know that I've ever seen a "what bass do I use for polka?" on here. :D

7. Sharko

Sharko

Jun 18, 2009
    Washington, DC
    ^^ THIS ^^

8. XigXag

XigXag

Mar 30, 2010
    Dayton Ohio
    Everybody knows you play a tuba for polka bass.

9. Flag2Flag

Flag2Flag

Dec 30, 2005
    Austin, TX
    IMHO Warwicks with big ol' humbuckers do the trick...

10. heard some stuff about ESP with EMGs
    as well as Shector (sp?) and BC Rich.

11. Spectors can do it easily but you can do it with a Jbass as well. The Spector Performer is a good solid bass with ok EMGs. You can grab one for $350, drop a quality preamp in there and you're set for quite a while. I dropped a Delano Sonar 3 pre in the one on the left and that thing became a monster. Massive tone for around $500.

l_5c87496599514bf88b364e9da6903752.

12. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    :D ^ took this thread seriously.

13. SkitzoBass

SkitzoBass

May 11, 2010
    Canada
    Try out some Traben basses John Moyer Havoc, or a Chaos, im sure you can dial in a good metal tone.

14. Clank

Clank

Jan 7, 2008
    Huntington Beach
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Strings
    I was going to say something pointy but....

15. queevil

queevil

Aug 6, 2009
    Waco,TX
    Dude, just play some basses. Alot of them. Then pick the one you like the best that you can afford. Somebody mentioned daisy rock. I think they were being facetious but it's probably as good a recommendation as any because with the endless selection of amps and effects there's bound to be a way to make it sound the way that you need it to.

16. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    A black bass

17. ctufankjian

ctufankjian

Sep 28, 2007
    Vermont
    Endorsing Artist: Unicornbass.se
    GEESUS NOT AGAIN.
    :D