1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good Electric Upright

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by forresthc93, Mar 7, 2010.

1. forresthc93

forresthc93

Mar 7, 2010
    Hi, I am looking for an electric upright to possibly replace the acoustic double bass I use now. I don't play that many gigs, so it is mostly for practicing but I go between two houses so I want something that is very portable. What can you recommend that will feel and sound as close to a real upright as possible? I will decide on a price range once I see what is available, so for right now I am looking at all price ranges.

2. Hi, and welcome on talkbass.
    I suggest you search the forum a bit. (the default view is one week, stickies aside)
    This question has been asked many times, so there are several threads about this issue.

Best of luck in the search! :)

3. salcott

salcott Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    NYC, Inwood.
    Merchant Vertical Bass. I have had the non-folding version for 15ish years; it has stood up to hundreds of gigs, rough travel, and ill-advised experimentation, and still sounds and feels great.

4. Eric Hochberg

Eric Hochberg

Jul 7, 2004
    Chicago
  5. bassdaddyfive

bassdaddyfive

Feb 12, 2009
    Kenosha Wi.
    I like the BSX Allegro hollow body. For tone and feel it's pretty close to a UB...

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 24, 2020