Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good match?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Redhotbassist, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Im thinking a lot about a new Cab, and im going for Ampeg, the BXT 410 (and maybe the BXT 115) for more power later on, for bigger gigs.

What would be the best amp for that? i was looking at the Svt-4 pro, would it power right?, and would there be any problems? or another brand instead of Ampeg for the amp?

Any comments, suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks. :)

2. I have a BXT210M, and I use my Aguilar DB750 with it. It sounds amazing. Those BXT cabs sound great, a bit heavy, but great.

3. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Cool, how much did you get the Aguilar for? and did you try/own any other amps that went through the cab?

4. I got my DB750 new for aroundish $2100. (and worth every penny)

I briefly used a ampeg B2R through it as well, it was okay, but only about 1/2 the power.

5. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Right, thats a pretty good price for us in england then.. are they easy to find? and would you recommend any other ampeg amps that will power it better than the B2R?

Thanks.

6. Well, you have to remember that the BXT cabs are 4ohm each. So if you just get the 410 , you are okay for an amp that can go to 4ohms, BUT, if you add the BXT15 like you said, you will need an amp that does a 2ohm load.
    That all being said...

The Aguilar DB750 puts out 975watts @2ohms. and 750w @ 4ohms. So the 410 would get 750, and if you used both, each would get "AROUND" 487 watts.(the 410 would get a little more though than the 15)

For ampeg heads, I'd recommend the SVT4Pro. For the 410 cab, it would push out 490w OR 1200 bridged. For the 410 and 15, you would get 490 to each cab. (it's a stereo poweramp inside)

Hope this helps.

7. Redhotbassist

Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Thanks, that does help, i should be picking up the BXT 410 on saturday, and hopefully if i can find a good price for it, going with the SVT Pro 4.

Thanks.