1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good Short Scale basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Corona_Clyde, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Corona_Clyde

Corona_Clyde

Sep 10, 2006
    Anyone know any brands of short scale basses? Also, are they more expensive or harder to find than other basses?

2. If you can, Try a birdsong. You'll really like it.

3. sedan_dad

sedan_dad

Feb 5, 2006
    Columbus,Ohio
    longhorn.
    i love mine.
    i favor it over my fenders on some nights.

4. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
  5. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Alembic?
    Yes, most GOOD short scales are harder to find than others. There are a lot of crappy, beginner short scales out there.
    What's your price range?
    -Alex

6. Corona_Clyde

Corona_Clyde

Sep 10, 2006
    Is $300-400 not gonna be enough for a decent one?

7. Fender mustang a possiblity..400-500 range??? View attachment 45974

8. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz!

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Not a ton of choices (not compared to 34 inch scales). Even new mustangs goes for more than that. Might be time to hit the used market.

They arn't "hard to find" per say, but they make up a much smaller portion of the market. The majority of the instruments fall in the high (1000+) and low end (sub 200). The space in between is pretty sparce.

9. I picked up the above mustang a few days ago at GC ($450)....brand new...just have to keep your eyes open....good luck in your search !!!:ninja:

10. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I can't believe no one has mentioned SX yet. With models from $99 to $450, you have a wide range to choose from.

11. too_much_time

too_much_time

Nov 19, 2006
  12. Ste_m3

Ste_m3

Mar 26, 2006
    Northwest UK
    i have to say, i wasnt looking forward to trying out a mate of mines mustang but it was actually really nice to play, felt a bit like playing a guitar at first! but easy to get used too. also if not set up properly the strings do tend to feel a little loose if your not used to it. All IMO and that :)

13. circuitspore

circuitspore

Aug 27, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Used DeArmond Jetstars (the nicer Korean ones) usually go in the $300-$350 range. I love mine - excellent upper fret access.

14. Energy

Energy

Jun 20, 2006
    Germany