Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Good stage tuners

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by yawnsie, Aug 25, 2004.

1. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    I'm looking for a couple of stage tuners for me and my guitarist, and I was just wondering what ones people recommend. I've seen Boss tuners (I presume they're the TU-2) for about £75, and from what I've searched on here they seem to be the best, but £150 for two is a bit steep, so can anyone recommend a cheaper option?

I've seen a pink Danelectro tuner for about £30 - does anyone know anything about this? Am I better just keeping hold of my money and saving for a Boss?

Thanks for reading.

2. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    I'd save up for the Boss. It's built like a tank and will last forever. One of the gu*tar players in my band used to use a Danelectro tuner but recently changed over to a Fender tuner pedal. I'm not sure why he did that, I assume he just dropped it one too many times. The other gu*tar player liked my TU-2 so much he bought one as well. Happy hunting! :p

3. suicas

suicas

Mar 12, 2004
    UK
    Most players I know round here either use the TU-2 or the tuner build into their multi-effects.

You should be able to get a TU-2 for a lot less than £75, they go on ebay reasonably often for around £50 (new).

There's always the Peterson Strobostomp which I'd get if I ever had too much cash. A very nice tuner which is true bypass and has a DI out too, but costs probably double what the TU-2 does.

--
    Dave

4. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
  5. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Boss TU-2 is all you will ever need.

6. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Buy a Korg DTR-1 or pro-series and place it on your pedalboard :hyper:

7. the korg DT-10(i think) is my preference over the boss

built like a tank dead simple REALLY visible on dark stages stomp on it it mutes pretty much the same as the boss just a bit better for the same cost IMO

you're better of with a non pedal type tuner than getting a crappyer pedal type

8. i use the Korg DT10 floor tuner, i have the Boss , Arion, and Fender PT10 and the Korg is far better. The reason is its faster more accurate and easy to read on stage as it has large red led note letters plus the usual leds red / green etc. Good for de-tuned stuff way down to low B and its tough.Costs in the UK about £65.00 and its a pro pedal. The internal engine is based upon the rack Tuner so its proven quality.I cant use rack stuff as i dont have a rack only amp head and cab.The main thing is this pedal doesnt alter the tone of your amp ( most important ) and it can mute the sound for live tuning on stage.

9. id like to try the fender pedal...but those peterson strobe tuners look awesome, di and 100% bypass...any idea how much they are?

10. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    Denmark
    In Europe they cost about 200 euros. In the US (according to that thing called the internet) prices range from from about 200-300 usd.