1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Good wireless systems with pedal style receivers

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by tobias3469, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Can anyone recommend a good wireless system that has a receiver that is in pedal "stomp box" form factor?

I don't need super long range. I'm looking for a rock solid connection, sound quality, and zero delay or latency.

The Line 6 G30 looked good but after reading some reviews I've found it's a junk.

Any input would be appreciated! Thanks

2. dskissel

dskissel

Aug 16, 2013
    I know you said you consider the g30 to be junk but if you look up a model at the g50 I consider it to be amazing! You get a metal transmitter and receiver. They are of very high quality in build especially the transmitters! I have fallen on stage before while using it and even after directly landing on it I could finish the show just fine for an example if durability and it comes with a free 2 (I'm 99% sure but it may be 1) year warranty if you do manage to break it.

3. Despite the reviews I have a G30 in-bound from Sweetwater along with a NeoTech wireless pouch. A G50 just wasn't in the budget after some hefty veterinary bills, and everything else in the G30 price range is so obscure that's it really hard to find any feedback on them at all. Plenty of people have had no issues with G30's, so I figured I'd judge it for myself and post results. If it's crap, I have a 2 year warranty through Sweetwater to fix or replace.

4. BMBassman

BMBassman

Jul 16, 2010
    I can not say enough good about the Line6 G50. I've never used the G30, but if I recall, they're effectively the same, just the 50 is a little more rugged. Except when I'm an idiot and let the battery run out, it has never once failed me, and the sound is totally undistinguishable from a wired connection.

5. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    I have had my "junky" g30 for 3 years now and its going strong. I have never even had a drop out. my only complaint is they claim 8 hours of battery life but on average I get 4-5. Id reccomend the g30 over the 50 for one reason. it takes a standard instrument cable instead of the fancy one that is known to go out.

tobias3469 likes this.
  6. The Line 6 G50 and Shure GLXD16 would be my 2 picks. The shure unit was what i wanted but found a G50 2nd hand so I grabbed that.

7. mgash

mgash

Mar 8, 2006
    folsom ca
    I like my g50. Works good. The cable line 6 provide is a piece of cr**. Once I replaced that not a problem, and I run around like an idiot on stage, and sometimes off the stage. If hot women are dancing I am joining them. G50 let's me do all this.

Dexter_Bass likes this.
  8. shure GLX-D and there is one from Audio-Technica as well i think, but i cant remember off hand and cant be bothered looking it up!...lol

9. Goatrope

Goatrope Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Sarasota Florida
    I've been using two G30s for some time. One for over a year. I immediately replaced the cables, which was simple since they're regular 1/4 inch jacks. I do wrap the transmitters with elec tape just to ensure the battery door latch doesn't pop open. Even with this flaw I still think it's awesome bang for the buck.

10. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    Another satisfied G50 owner here. I even run it off of one output on my Pedal Power 2+(Line 6 says it needs 500 mA, which would take up two spaces on the PP2+, but it runs just fine on one 250mA output). I replaced the cord, and it has run flawlessly.

Highly recommended.

I've heard good things about the Shure, but I've not tried one personally.

11. Happy g30 user here, for about a year now with no problems.

12. Thanks for the input guys... Maybe I will try a G30 after all

13. FWIW, I got my G30 last week, first rehearsal tomorrow. I did hook it up and it fired up perfectly first time.

I got one of those NeoTech pouches for it, and it totally solves any potential chance of the battery door opening. Also, there are gaps at the bottom of the pouch, so I took a short right angle>right angle cable (maybe 12 to 18" or so?) and connected it. The pouch stays on the strap and connects right up to the bass, and I still have access to power switches and battery lights on the top. It also provides a pretty good degree of padding when transporting the thing in a gig bag. Stoked so far!

14. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    G50 user here. I've had it for a few years and it's been nothing but rock solid.