Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got my first piercing.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jiant., Feb 5, 2006.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    So some friends from back home visited me at school this weekend and after doing almost everything there is to do in this town one offered to may for me to get an ear pierced, so I said ok and had it done. I pierced my left lobe, and I'm thinking of doing the other later this week. My parents think it's dumb, but I like it. I did it as a joke more or less, but I really like it now that it's in. Everyone share your stories of your first piercings, how old you were and all that.

2. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    I got my first one about 6 months ago.

My dad pierced my left lobe with a 14 gauge needle. It healed really fast and I haven't had any problems since. I might do the right some day, but who knows.

-Alex

3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Liars. No pics, no piercing. :eek: :D

4. Eyebrow when I was fairly young and it hadn't gone as mainstream as it is today. My sister was working as a piercer and did it. I was like, 13 or so?

I was pretty into body mods the past couple years, but am going for less shock value these days. Had a 2 inch verticle put through the flesh of my chin, 45 degree angled 1 inch deep verticle low-brets (in front of the teeth on the inside going out through the bottom of my chin), a 4 ring madison ladder (front of your neck) 4g septum ring, 1/2" lobes, and clavicles.

Now all I have is 1/2" lobes and am trying to work my septum cartiledge up to the same, it's at about 10mm right now I'd say, I wear a plug in it though

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dude, I've got to see this. Do you have any pics?

-Mike

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Got my ear pierced 1983. Had to take it out in 1984 for work.

7. MarkyMark

MarkyMark

Dec 11, 2005
    and in 1985 I was born.

8. I have no pictures of the whole she-bang, the shop used 4 screwering needles for my throat that were like 6 inch, and they took high res shots of the 4 needles in, but I never got ahold of them. Here's a more recent picture of me trying to be a good role model for the kids.

[​IMG]

edit: you can sort of see my clavicle scars.

9. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    No pics of my piercings.....at least not on my work PC.....

Got my ear pierced.....maybe 1991 or 1992......when I was 21 or 22.....believe it or not, my mum paid for it!!!!!:bassist:

She worked in a pharmacists that also did ear piercing.......my younger brother got his ear pierced....just the left lobe......so there was one stud left....paid for....so I though what the heck!!! Stranegly enough, he doesn't wear his earing any more...I do!!!

Couple of years ago....I got both nipples pierced.....had some trouble with one of them whihc only now seems to have healed up pretty well!!

Also, due to an unfortunate encounter with the boot lid of my g/fs car......I have 11 staples in my head.....:( These are getting removed today.....but I do have pics so will maybe get these posted when I get home tonight!

10. hilly bill

hilly bill Banned

Feb 6, 2006
    My cousin works as a tattoo artist. I go in every now and then and see the guy that does that stuff and man it is brutal! LOL Whats worse than that it the guys that do all the hangking stuff with hooks! :eek:

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Ken got his left ear pierced too.

[​IMG]

Now he has more friends than ever!

[​IMG]

brad cook

12. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    Haha, wow, I don't think my sister ever had the "Metro Ken" doll. That's some funny stuff.

13. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Okay, you kids--
    When I was 13, in 1970, I took the fattest needle my mother had, and SLOWLY pushed it through my left earlobe. Quite painful. Then I put in some thread to keep it open until it healed in a couple of weeks. I used lots of rubbing alcohol and Bacitracin, and so avoided an infection (very important if you do it yourself). Years later, someone told me about using ice to deaden the nerves before doing it. Thanks-- NOW you tell me.
    My father wasn't very amused, but my mother gave me one of her earrings to get me started.
    I still wear an earring very often. Back in those days, it was quite rare for a male to have one. The unspoken code was that on the East Coast a straight guy like myself would have it in the left ear and a gay guy would have it in the right one; this was reversed on the West Coast.
    I was inspired by the basketball player Earl "The Pearl" Monroe, of the New York Knicks.

14. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland

...damn now you tell me! I wondered why 'well dressed' men in LA gave me strange looks when I was there in business.....in the UK the left lobe (like mine) was safe for a straight guy.....:eek:

One of my work colleagues told me a story about him and his buddy when they were in their teens.....doing the home ear piercing!

So, my friend had the needles, the ice and the earring. He number his pals ear lobe with the ice.....then put the needle through.....he tried to put the earing in after this but realised the needle was narrower than the earring. His pal suggests he widen the hole, and so he numbs it again and puts the needle through, with a bit of 'wiggling' to 'widen' the hole..... Still the earing won't go in......they try this another few times, so in all they have made 5 attempts to pierce the ear and get the earring in....

So my friends mother comes in and asks what they are doing....they explain, and she suggests trying to pierce from the other side of his earlobe.... Great idea they think, so they fold back the earlobe.....and my friends mum just about dies laughing......on the reverse side of the earlobe, there are 5 separate 'exit' points:D :D :D :D

15. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    Great story! I guess a fatter needle would've been the answer, or maybe a hammer...

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dang Todd......that is quite impressive. Seriously.

-Mike

17. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I just got both my ears pierced this past May, both at 10g. After a pile-drivingly heavy infected period, I started stretching them. I've currently halted at 00g. Now that I can wear nothing but plugs, I want to wear rings. Oh, the irony.

18. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    AHHHHHGGGG, I HATE those plugs. My 17 year old daughter has them.

19. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Hey man, plugs are cool...my half inch ones aint going anywhere. Mostly cause without em, my ears look like a cats anus.

My first piercing was my tongue, with a 10ga. I wouldnt recomend it hehe.

20. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    [​IMG]