Got my first Warwick Bass today.......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by oneminstrel, Mar 18, 2010.

1. ...and I must say, I'm in love. Been wanting one for a while now. I've been a guitar player for the last 25 years, but last year started playing Bass. My first was a Fender Squire special P, that plays good, but I wanted to take the next step up. Needless to say, my Warwick was a big step up. I dropped it off at my favorite repair shop for a set up, and the repair guy told me it was one of the nicest Warwicks he's seen in a long time. I'm ecstatic!

2. And it's a Warwick... ?

3. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    congrats.... but you know the rule: no pics = NO BASS!!!!

4. envy1400

envy1400

Feb 19, 2010
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    ive always wondered what have a warwick is like...

5. MTMTEX

MTMTEX Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2008
    austin tx.
    On purpose? Sorry, not a fan of the necks on those. But congrats, IF you indeed bought one. No pics = no bass. :rollno:

6. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    which model is it?

G

7. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    What model?

8. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    news flash - they've gone back to the skinny neck profile they used pre-99

9. FunkyMan

FunkyMan

Nov 27, 2007
    hehe i was reading the whole post to know which model is, and nothing yet? Tell uuuuussssss :) Streamer? Corvette? Thumb? Dolfhin? Infinity? No pics No bass

10. grifff

grifff

Jan 5, 2009
    Towson, Maryland
    +1

11. MTMTEX

MTMTEX Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2008
    austin tx.
    Really?
    *rethinks bias*

12. calgone47

calgone47

Dec 25, 2006
    Hampton, VA
    Awesome man! I am a Warwick fanboy and recently purchased my 4th =)

Which model did you go with?

13. Sorry!
    I will post pics tomorrow when I pick it up from the repair shop. The model is the Corvette Standard.

14. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    Score - well done sir!

15. That rocks!
    I've got 2 Warwick Corvette FNA Jazzman's, and I'm totally sold!
    Just got Mike Lull to work on the fretted one and re-do the shielding. You might want to look into that. The shielding is a little "lacking" but the sound is KILLER!

Going to take my fretless to him soon and have him shield that one, too.
    Then, "no worries" when I do studio work!

Congrats on entering the "sound of wood" genre!

16. Whatever people will say, warwicks build quality is second to none. I've yet to see a better build quality, I really think they are as good as it gets. I've Sadowsky, Alembic, Fodera and I really couldn't see why one would be better built than the other.

The tone, look and feel of warwicks is unique, that is why they get highly polarized opinions from people.

17. +1! The only variance is the opinion of the individual as far as sound, and that is as diverse as the amount of people out there. As far as quality, the Warwick brand has it!

18. Yup, there's something very old world in a Warwick; the craftsmanship, the detail, the woodiness of the sound. It's not just one thing but the sum of them.

19. I'm jealous.

After holding an Infinity... I WANT one....i need money tho. :(

20. I added some pics as attached thumbnails. Not sure how to insert pics. Played it as soon as I got it home. What a Treat!
    Sorry I'm not very good at taking pics!!

Attached Files:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021