Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Got one hellu'va Chritsmas present this weekend...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fiebru1119, Dec 26, 2005.

1. fiebru1119

fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    I woke up Sat morning to this..
    [​IMG]

My car was parked in front of my girlfriend's house. A drunken group of kids came hurling down the street in their parent new volvo and clipped the corner dead on going full speed. Their car did a 180 and landed in the yard, and mine got rammed against the curb and shot back about 100ft...

just a rant of my merry merry christmas weekend... :scowl:

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think I sense a new car coming on their tab. Merry Christmas indeed!

brad cook

3. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    like a fat cow on a cool morning, this must be milked.

go get 'em!

4. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

ok , let's see now ...

drunk kids - check .
    parents new volvo - check .
    smashed into a parked car - check .

hmmm , i think i see a new vehicle in your future ...

sorry you have to go thru this crappy situation ...
    and i'm glad you weren't injured , and i hope those kids are alright too ...

even so ,
    you know that new Volvo has got to have some primo insurance ,
    and i'll bet they will gladly provide you with a large check ,
    since your car looks to be pretty much totalled ...

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I can see how you would be upset at the time and still be pissed even now, but as it was said before... no one was hurt, your car was damaged, and it's completely their fault.

Hooray for insurance! New car for you. :cool:

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nice integra :(

7. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    You've got the wrong headlights for that badge, by the way. ;)

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Honda made some Integras i think.

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I think Honda made them all but here in the states AFAIK they were all badged as Acuras.

Looks totalled to me too.

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    The only Honda Integras were from Japan, as they do not have the "Acura" brand. AFAIK. Honda had the Prelude as opposed to the Integra.

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Sue the **** out of them.

12. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    For what? Nobody was injured, no medical costs. Insurance should cover the replacement of the vehicle.

People suing people is why America is going down the pooper.

13. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

no need to sue , unless the insurance company dosen't
    pay up ... :meh:

14. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Yep, awesome Xmas present! ;)

So, what new car do you want their insurance to buy you? :D

Remember to always find the good. Even though this sucks right now, you should come out in good shape.

15. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Looks to me like more cosmetic damage than structural, but without seeing the underside (you'd want to make sure the framerail is still straight) I can't be sure.

Probably wouldn't be that difficult of a fix, it's going to be the price of parts (especially the front bumper cover) that will make it an expensive fix.

16. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Honda badged some Integras as Hondas in Canada, but I've never seen one here.

17. Could be a european Honda Integra that was imported, or one of the Canadian ones that the poster above me said.

Then again, I dont think it is a European one, because the euro/japanese Integra's have a different front facia. The europeans didnt approve of the double cirlce lights, but us Americans did and we got them. The pre-1996 Acura Integra's here in the US have the European Honda Integra lights.

Example's

1996 Honda Integra Type R

[​IMG]

1996 Acura Integra

[​IMG]

18. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Looks cosmetic to me too but I was guesstimating suspension damage to the front on a FWD vehicle. I've seen other cars with similar visual damage totalled (possible engine/tranny damage too). That looks worse than the front end damage only my wife had on an 85 Grand Am and it would've cost more than $3500 to fix several years ago.

OTOH I've been surprised at how inexpensive some of these front facias can be. Surprised me last time I looked a few months back. Ansd no, I'm not a body man, I have a wife who liked to hit things. JKK.

I know I wouldn't want it repaired. I'd be hoping it's totalled.

19. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    >>>> Bummer....You'll need a bumper assy, hood, headlamp assy, fender, fender liner, upper rail, left apron, core support, overflow bottle and probably everything on the left front suspension, including a steering knuckle, strut, control arms, outer tie rod, maybe a drive axle. Since you're replacing the hood and fender, you'll need to blend the rt. fender and left door. The'll have to remove the radiator and A/C condensor, evacuate and recharge the a/c, make some frame pulls and align the suspension. You might save some money by going with used parts from the wrecking yard or with aftermarket parts but it looks like you've got a total loss.

Good luck,
    Slug

20. fiebru1119

fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    No guys this is your standard USDM GSR.. I switched the emblems seeing as everything else in the car was labeled honda :)

FYI, the 3rd generation (DC/DB body) has been around in Japan since 93.5. In 95 all JDM integras switched to the one piece headlights (with the ITR comming in with factory HID's). Euro Integras have the USDM front end (the four "eyes") but are badged as Honda. Anyway...

There is some major suspension damage from what I could tell. I couldn't get under the car, but the axles are broken, the driver's side shift linkage is broken, and the rear pass. side suspension is shot (that tire is sitting with about +30 degrees of camber!!). The bumper cover is cheap (~250) the headlights are pretty pricy (~450/ea). It also needs two new fenders, a hood, a bumper reinforcement, radiator support, and some major structural adjustment... everything got thrown off so I'm suspecting some frame damage. My insurance is going to cover everything and then reinburse me for whatever costs I incurr. I have a better chance of getting the car sold back to me if its totalled than if the other guys insurance totals it... and yes it does matter to me, considering I can make ~$2000 from just the parts I've put into it alone. Let alone the full leather interior, complete B18C1 swap, etc...

I'll let you guys know what happens.. its at the body shop right now getting torn down for inspection. Either way I'll make out good. If they total this car, I'll have a 5th gen Prelude or S2000 comming up :) It just sucks to have to have car payments again :(