1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

got really lucky mixing cabs and speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rocks, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Rocks

Rocks

Mar 9, 2009
    Willoughby, Ohio
    I sold my Ampeg SVT210HE and replaced it with a cabinet that was a small combo (Acoustic B100) I pulled the 4 ohm speaker out of the Acoustic B100 and ordered a Celestion Truvox 8 ohm, 250 watt, not realizing it is sold as a PA speaker. Its lighter than the Ampeg 2x10 and it sounds incredible when used on top of my Trace Elliot 1x15 cab that has a 400 watt 15" celestion in it. With my EQ almost perfectly flat the cabs sound great and really cut through with very little power. Next step is to mount my Trace Elliot RAH130 head into the B100 cab so it will once again be a combo, it will fit perfectly with about 3/4's of an inch space on each side. I'm going to mount a small fan in the back to help the cooling fins disperse the heat.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021