Gracie Performer Stand

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by CreativeBass, Jul 9, 2019.

1. CreativeBass

CreativeBass Commercial User

Mar 8, 2012
    Australia
    George Urbaszek - Creator/Owner/Operator of Bass Lessons Online
    Has anyone had experience with the Gracie Performer stand? I ask because I can't get mine to reliably hold the angle tilt. I have the bass angled towards me a little, but the weight of the bass makes the bass tilt even further towards me while I play. This is of course very annoying on a gig.
    So, if you've had the same problem and fixed it, please let me know how.

GracieStand.JPG
    MMGracieFront.JPG

2. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    Is the adjustment just that tiny little thumb screw and a couple of flat washers? Time for a trip to the hardware store, perhaps?

pcake likes this.
  3. CreativeBass

Mar 8, 2012
    Australia
    Thanks, Jeff. I tried several washers (soft, hard, with "teeth" and standard) and so far a single standard, flat washer has worked best. Maybe not 100% yet, but I'll see how it holds over the next few gigs.
    BTW: I love to use the stand as it frees up my body to move quite differently, and of course it takes the weight off my shoulders.

4. BLDavis

BLDavis Master of Snarks. Gold Supporting Member

May 21, 2009
    Ellenboro, NC
    I'm curious to hear how this works out for you. If my back issues continue to degrade, I may be in the bass stand market in the future. I'm not to the point of having sit down to play yet, but the three hour gigs are getting harder to "tough it out" through.
    B.

5. CreativeBass

Mar 8, 2012
    Australia
    Although you have to be close to the stand when playing, it still really frees you up in a certain hard-to-explain way. There is a certain kind of flexibility, and this reflects in the way I play. Maybe I have a more loose, dancing way of playing when using the stand. Of course it is totally great for the back and neck - no strain.

I find that on most gigs I will play without and without the stand. So, I have a stool with backrest, I stand and move with the bass on my shoulder, and I stand with the bass stand. I have done some of my lesson videos with the bass on the Gracie stand and me sitting on a stool. (That's probably good for practice, too.) My experience is that no matter how good a position is, it is never good for too long.

Sorry about the long answer. I hope it helps you.

BLDavis likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021