1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Gravity picks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by curbowkid, Mar 21, 2013.

1. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    So i have never been happy with any pick for bass playing (before you get yer panties in a knot i only use a pick sometimes to make some things easier since i started pkaying on guitar) and i saw Gravity picks. First off Chris (rep? Owner?) is an awesome guy. I shot him an email to see if i could get a free sample and he was more than happy and actually included two! I got two strykers, one 3mm and one an outragous 4 mm! And ive only had time to play with the 3 mm and so far its beyond perfect! Feels natural. Anyways i recomend them to any of you pick players out there and even if you dont use a pick, get one! They are just as fun to look at! Cheers folks

2. Nothing wrong with playing with a pick. Makes your playing all the more versatile. I got one of the Gravity picks too but it was a bit small and slick for me to use.

3. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    The strikers are the larger triangular picks. Quite large. And i feel its perfect for sweeps and fast play since it basicly glides over the strings with ease. All you got to do to add attack is change the angle you pick at

4. Just checked them out. They look like they'd be something I'd use in certain instances ... might be a little thick to play with as much speed as others, though.

5. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    They have many different thicknesses! I just happened to go thick because i lke the finger sound so i figured fatter the pick the more thumpy it will be