Great Practice Tool

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 88tuner, Dec 16, 2003.

1. Here's a great way to practice. You'll need the Scorch plugin.

Pick out a song and play along. There are bass parts and chord changes. The pages turn automatically as the song plays.
  2. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    I know a better way. I like to call it Band In a Box. Awesome program.
  3. I've heard of Band in a Box. Are there songs built into it or just chord progressions? I'd like to know more.

I was just commenting on the fact that there are thousnads of songs with music online at the above mentioned webpage for free. Once you start the music, the pages turn for you. Makes a great practice tool for those who don't play with a band regularly. I'll have to check out the band in a box thing.

4. Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    you have to enter the progressions into band in a box. It's really easy and it takes me about a minute to put a song from my real book into it. It's an incredible program, the version i have can play a zillion different styles, and will even play a solo for you! (it's not as bad at soloing as you'd think)
  5. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    This thread probably belongs in the Technique or GI forum...

TV is also a great practice tool, just play along to every commercial. That gives you about 5 secs to figure it out, 5 secs to settle in and 5 secs to do something with it, whatever it is.

If that's too fast for you, use the radio. :p
  6. Fliptrique

Jul 22, 2002
    Szczecin, Poland
    Endorsing Artist: Mayones Guitars&Basses, Taurus Amplification
    Radio or TV, all the way! I try to play everything, including songs I really don`t like. My music theory knowledge is still rather limited, so I`m forced to play "by radar" - I like it.
  7. Radio and TV is great but it doesn't sharpen your sightreading skills for notation.
  8. mr e

mr e

Nov 17, 2003
    [comic book guy voice]

funniest post ever
  9. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    first, a metronome

second, band in the box

third, Radio then TV