1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

GT6b.... Help PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mr.T., Dec 14, 2006.

1. Mr.T.

Mr.T.

Nov 17, 2006
    Cornwall, UK
    :help:

Having spent many hours (too many!) over the past three weeks of my GT6b ownership trying to get:

1) The Synths to track properly.
    2) The Harmonist & Pitch Shifter to hold a note.
    3) The Touch Wah to... Wah a bit more.
    4) The Pedal Wah to not suck all the bass tone.

As it feels like I am banging my head against a wall,
    I am wondering....
    "What are other peoples experiences with the GT6b?"

2. bass.player

bass.player

May 30, 2006
    Belgium
    Sorry but my experience with the GT6-B is quite bad.
    Most people complain about the complexity of programming but this I believe is the only plus of this thing, together with the build quality that Boss is so famous for.
    But the sound quality is just bad. The Gt6-B sounds very digital and flat. The wah's are awfull, so are the overdrives and compressors.
    My advice would be: play with the GT6-B for a while to find out which effects you really continue to use. Buy those back in the form of good pedals and never look back. That's what I did. :bassist:

3. tappingtrance

tappingtrance Cooke Harvey Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2005
    I disagree and there is a great forum groups at Yahoo - GT-6B, this is a powerful effects unit but it does take time.

4. Mr.T.

Mr.T.

Nov 17, 2006
    Cornwall, UK
    ....So could you give me some tips on how to make the synths/harmoniser track, the touchwah 'wah' and the pedal wah not suck all the bass tone?

I have read and almost memorised the manual....
    I must have spent 20 hours over the past 3 weeks 'tweaking'
    I am at the point of having GT6b nightmares!!!!

5. Just take a deep breath and let it out.
    I used to have one of these units. You just need to be patient. Your input gain and output are critical to a good sound. I used to have the output at around 80-85. But you have to be very careful not to overload the input, especially when using the amp models.
    As far as your wahs first make sure you have them set in LP mode otherwise you lose your low end. For the autowah adjust your sensitivity for more quack or bwahhh. For the pedal wah again make sure you have it in LP mode and you should be fine.
    As far as the synths, don't forget to add some DI to the mix. A little synth goes a long way and adjust your sensitivity again.
    For help I would agree with the previous post search the yahoo groups for GT6b sites they have a wealth of knowledge about the unit. Hope this helps!
    B