Guitar Bridge Help

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassestkkm, Apr 19, 2014.

1. I'm in the middle of a build and need to find a suitable bridge for a 2 humbucker guitar but I think will be a flat top. That may change but because the scale is 25.5 like on Strats and Teles I wanted sonething with longer intonation saddles that doesn't take away from the guitar. Schaller makes one but its really awefull looking haha

Any other suggestions?

2. psp742

psp742 Washburn above others.

Jun 4, 2012
    Morganville, NJ
    Babicz FCH bass bridge, Gotoh 201 high mass bridge are what i used, there are other popular bridge like Bassass II (but i have not used them)

DSC_6404_zpsbfd8fe8f.jpg
    Squier Affinity P-bass Tuxedo with Gotoh 201 high mass bridge and Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound SPB3

DSC_6413_zps0fa73b4f.jpg
    SX Ursa II MN CAR with Babicz FCH bass bridge and Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound SJB3 set

3. Sorry psp742! I'm looking for a guitar bridge not a bass bridge! Basses are much easier to shop for haha

4. psp742

psp742 Washburn above others.

Jun 4, 2012
    Morganville, NJ
    well well, sorry i misread your post... I need to have my eyes checked.. If basic upgrade is what you need.. a Fender bridge with bend saddle and full steel tremolo block is good start.
    DSC_6320_zpsd5faf07c.jpg
    'Fender' stamped bent steel Fender tremolo with full steel block ($30-$50 depending where you buy it)

DSC_5272_zpsc7b9b646.jpg
    Super-vee Bladerunner bridge with propeitary block.. ($149-$160 depending where you buy it... it is pricey but well worth it) i changed the original saddles to Graphtech string savers

Video of Bladerunner tremolo

Wayne Hammerstadt

Michael Reese

Eric Gales

Eric Johnson (uses Super-vee locking tremolo and locking nut)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021