1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

guitar efects?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 4StringedFreak, Jun 7, 2007.

1. 4StringedFreak

4StringedFreak

May 26, 2007
    hey, i was just woundering if its ok to use guitar effects for bass? cuz the guitar player in my band has a zakk wylde wah, and i wanna give that b!tch a try, but he says that a bass will fry it, just like if u played bass through a guitar amp...is he right, or is he bullsh!tting me, cuz he doesnt want me to use it?
    thnx
    -Will

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    He's an idiot. Using guitar effects with a bass can only hurt your tone as some of them suck out all of the low frequencies. Comparing it to blowing out an amp is flawed as well. If you plug in your bass and turn all the knobs to 11, then of course you'll blow the amp. But you'll definitely hear the amp starting to fail before anything gets blown up.

Try looking at the FAQ sticky if you have any more questions. And remember, searching is a good way to find instant answers to all of your questions.

3. ...and a guitarist! My god, what a rare combination!

4. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    He's gui****ed!

5. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    + BM3.14

6. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    I think this is, without a doubt, the most often asked question in this forum.

Fortunately for you, everyone else already jumped in on the fun, so I'll just watch :D

7. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    Bowel Movement Pi?

Mmmmmmmm... mud pie.

8. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    We should start guitar-bashing threads more often...and invite the people from Gearpage and Harmony-Central to watch. :D

9. Are you insane?!?! Don't invite those jerks over here, they'll ruin the atmosphere!!! :eyebrow:

Harmony Central forums...
    <SHUDDER> EEEEUUUURRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

10. 343 Salty Beans

343 Salty Beans

Jan 24, 2006
    you hold an excellent point.

We shouldn't let them join...just make them watch. :D

11. Just in case they're here already...

Nyah nyah! See, our topics are informative and interesting not pointless and immature. There's no threats of violence and our moderators actually give a hoot! There's not ten pages of polls to wade through every day and you can actually find the answers to your questions!

12. you're saying TB is informative? no threats of violence? NOT 10 pages of polls?

;)

13. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    AND, we use REAL words. not "OMFG u suk blz" :D

14. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    It was supposed to be a play on BMP (Big Muff Pi). It was mildly (very mildly) funny to me at the time. I guess the humor got drowned in the bottle of wine I was drinking at the time. Oh, well.

15. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Aha! Very clever indeed! :D

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 19, 2021