Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Guitar Tracks Pro-3.. Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    My Pro II is acting up again. It keeps lagging during recording, and it's simply ******* me off. Is Pro3 any better?

Moderator Edit:- I know PC recording can get frustrating at times, but remember the rules. If you must use profanity, please fully mask it.

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Oof, sorry :p... I never considered... Pee pee a curse :p. My bad, homie G dawgy dizzle... fo shizzle. But PC recording is fiddlesticking me off . :rolleyes:

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    if 2 is lagging... fix the PC :confused: a new version will be bigger and slower then the previous.

I run Sonar 2 XL on a 500mhz with 192mb. with no lag yet... so long as my machine is in good shape.

4. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I have 1 GHz, 256MB, and a poopish soundcard. I should probably get a new card.

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    currently running a soundblaster live!

I already hinted at the in-laws for the E-MU 0404 for xmas :ninja:

you need to defrag, clean up spyware and junk, kill all start up apps, etc.

you should track fine!

6. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    I recently upgraded from 2 to version 3. it takes up roughly 3 times the amount of hard drive space. i got a few drop outs here and there with version 2 for no reason so thats why i upgraded. i havent had any drop outs yet, but the install is still fresh and i havent had a chance to do serious recording with it.
    i also downloaded adobe audition 1.5 demo, my biggest gripe with the Cakewalk is that there should be EQ knobs on the "mixer board" instead you have to add it as an effect or go through the process of editing the waveform and both of those options are useless to me because i want to hear the changes in real time.

7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I did that long ago man. No spy-ware (I check a lot), I never run anything on startup.. ever. Now, Defragging is the hard part :p.