Guyatone Bottom Blaster

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by riotboi911, Dec 30, 2004.

1. riotboi911

Dec 18, 2004
    i purchased his bad boy a little while ago because it got a good review in bass guitar mag.

picked it up for 70cdn used. which i think was a steal cause ive seen it on ebay for 100+us

at first i had mixed feelings and wanted to return it, i checked the reciept and 'no returns or refunds or exchanges after 24 hours of purchase'

so i was stuck with it.

now i must say. this thing totally kicks major ass. its encased in a very sturdy shell. the knobs feel very solid. the input jacks are also very solid. it has a rubber ring on the bottom which prevents slipping and if you need to change batterys the ring comes off very easily and you can get access to the battery very easily.

this thing has an on/off switch. not a button, so i thought that was lame cause you can't really use it as a foot pedal.

guyatone claims this is beacause once you have it on. you won't want to turn it off. i wanted to make that decision for myself. thought about building my own foot swtich on it.

I NEVER WANT TO TURN THIS THING OFF. I literally cannot play without it. i need it soooo badly in my setup.

AND this thing is TINY. chicks think its cute so thats a plus too. last night it almost got stolen cause my friend liked so much, even tho she doesn't play bass. (side note: shes never heard of slap bass)

all in all.. wicked little thing to have around.
  2. andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    im not quite sure what its doing...
  3. riotboi911

Dec 18, 2004
    you can't really hear the difference on the site.

it makes your bass sound bigger and badder