1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hagstrom Swede 4 String Bass Vintage Sunburst

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shortie, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Shortie

Shortie Boom! Banned

Nov 15, 2015
    Brooklyn USA
    cofjssi2k4g0mk1qmntb.

Hagstrom Swede 4 String Bass Vintage Sunburst:

This looks like a very sweet Les Paul style piece, and the price is right. Trying to find out about it. Anybody have experience with it?

Is is solid body or semi-hollow?

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    It's a sold body and pretty much an exact copy of the original Hagstrom Swede bass.

No one seems to have any in North America from what I can tell. Haven't been able to find out anything regarding its price.

Nice looking bass. It would be 30.5" short scale.

TD

Shortie likes this.
  3. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    And if it is an exact copy of the original Swede basses, the nut width makes a Fender Jazz neck look wide. :) You can see my 1976 Swede in my profile pic.

Shortie likes this.
  4. Shortie

Shortie Boom! Banned

Nov 15, 2015
    Brooklyn USA
    That's a negative for me. Too cramped.

5. Shortie

Shortie Boom! Banned

Nov 15, 2015
    Brooklyn USA
    They say it has great clarity and sustain, unlike most shorties. Is it true? I have an SG that I really like but it's muddy (I know I can mod it.) Does that Hagstrom seem like a viable substitute for an SG? Both solid body shorties but the SG has a mini - humbucker by the bridge and I think it's closer to the bridge. I like the bridge pup on the SG.

6. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    Mine is currently strung with Fender flats. I would not call it muddy, it's pretty thumpy. Certainly clearer than my Epiphone EB-3

Shortie likes this.