1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hammond organ-based trio

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LinusKarlsson, Feb 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. A Hammond organ, a Fender Rhodes, a Mellotron, some old analog synths, a bass player with a lot of fuzz and distortion pedals and a swinging drummer. Throw in some long conceptual songs with a lot of instrumental jamming, and add three bearded guys who wish they were born some 40 years earlier.

What do you get? You get Blå Lotus!

Blå Lotus | Facebook

16805139_10154399818212333_880083220_o.jpg

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  2. Aberdumbie

Aberdumbie

Jan 22, 2016
    South Carolina
    Sounds like my kind of music. Thing is, if you were born forty years earlier (a la me) you probably wouldn't have that Facebook link. How else can a fellow firmly rooted in the 70's listen?

LinusKarlsson likes this.
  3. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Very cool. Throw in an organ player with a great foot, and you can even forget the bass player (ducks the bricks about to be thrown).

corinpills and Herrick like this.
  4. We also have a Soundcloud account, but there is not much there to listen to at the moment. The link is:
    Blå Lotus

You should however be able to view the facebook page without being a member. At least it is supposed to be set up that way. There are some videos there, also. We are in the process of recording our debut, so there is nothing on itunes, spotify etc. yet.

5. Well, that's been done before ;)

I'm actually thinking of getting some Taurus pedals or something like it, just to compete a little bit more. =)

6. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    Retired
    I'm digging it. Love all that stuff from Jimmy Smith, McGriff, McDuff, Shirley Scott to Headhunters (not a trio, but you know what I mean) to MMW and everything in between. Groovy!

RED J and LinusKarlsson like this.
  7. Thanks!

DirtDog likes this.
  8. Are you already looking for a cool double neck?... I would be.

9. RED J

RED J Lol

Jan 23, 2000
    It's true. Lee Michaels kicked butt on bass pedals.

10. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Joey DeFrancsco is another monster.

viper4000 likes this.
  11. Nah. Got a P-bass, what else do you need? ;)

12. Heh heh...good answer

13. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Funny you would mention that. Not quite as experimental, but not bad in the context of the times when it was done.

jerry and Pdaddy1978 like this.
  14. Great stuff, that!

15. Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  16. So yesterday we recorded the drums for our debut album. 6 songs in about 45 minutes. Should be finished in 2 or 3 weeks.

17. Radio

Radio

Jan 8, 2010
    New Haven, CT
    Barbara D kickin' the sticks.

Her chop was modded in Austria to add midi to the pedals, so she uses double bass samples.

Michedelic and Pacman like this.
  18. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Better look for a good stool too! I just got one and they are heavy - and not just the good kind of heavy. :D

Pdaddy1978 and twocargar like this.
  19. Radio

Radio

Jan 8, 2010
    New Haven, CT
    That is nice!
    Thanks

LinusKarlsson likes this.
  20. We have just finished recording our debut album, and one of the songs is up on soundcloud. Please give it a listen!