1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

hand tendon issues

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by ekspain, Oct 18, 2009.

1. ekspain

ekspain

Feb 22, 2008
    Europe
    Lately practicing alot . Have an audition coming up and I have this wierd moving sensation in my hand. Its difficult to describe, kind of like a clicking sensation, though there is no pain.
    I just stop when I feel it, and do some stretches. I took the day off too. Any advice? should I take anti inflamitories?

Thanks

2. Fergie Fulton

Fergie Fulton

Nov 22, 2008
    Braintree
    Retrovibe Artist rota
    First thing is if it worries you see a doctor or do an on-line search for what it may be to either alay your fears or convince you to take it to a doctor. There will be a section soon with links to infomation on a wide range of health issues to help TBrs research and find out more about any problems they may have and information to it.
    For you it may be you have a crepitus
    Crepitus is a symptom characterized by a crackling or grating feeling or sound under the skin, around the lungs or in the joints. In soft tissues, crepitus is often due to gas, most often air, that has abnormally penetrated and infiltrated an area (for example, in the soft tissues beneath the skin).

In a joint, crepitus can indicate cartilage wear in the joint space. The term "crepitus" is derived from the Latin, meaning "a crackling sound or rattle." Typically, crepitus is a grinding noise coupled with a sensation in the affected joint. It can be a popping sound that is audible, and can be no less harmfull than it is annoying. If it is joint friction, it can be an indicator of something more serious. Crepitus can occur with or without pain.

If this relates to your problem do a search on crepitus and find out more.

If there is no inflammation, anti -inflamatories are a waste of time.

3. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    That's the beginning and end of the best advice. ;)