1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hangover Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Yeah, I blanked out last night, did you ?

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    why yes, yes i did.

3. haha so did I

4. No. I'm stuck on the northshore.

I finally escaped the northshore for a few hours, got to play my bass etc. then I woke up on the northshore again (this was days ago) and now my car is totally dead. It seems some all-powerful being is trying to keep me here, and I don't like it. I must get to the city so that I can start working so I can black out more not on the northshore. Damn the northshore to hell.

Today I should be making my long-awaited exodus from this place. Hopefully this will work better.

On the bright side, I will probably be moving into a climate-controlled storage space. :meh:

5. Did I mention I'm doing terrible?

at least I have my health........................

6. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Yeah I had quite the night last night too. Then up for work at 6am. FUN FUN :rolleyes:
    On a brighter note, I didn't black out...
    Whatever. Nothing 8 coffees in the morning can't fix. :D

Oog :)

7. No...I was the driver...so no drinking for me... :bawl: ( well ok about 3 or 4 :D )

8. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Luckily not today. I try not to get to the blackout stage; I hate hearing about farm animals. :eyebrow: :D -jk.

9. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    No, despite the fact that we had a get-together last night. However I'm otherwise ill now.

So what can we learn from this? Obviously, your body is willing to make you pay for good time - for once I decided not to have too much beer, so I only took few during the whole evening, so now while I haven't had a hangover, I have a flu with fever.

Next time, I'll be partying all night long, as certainly a hangover is better than this misery :bawl:

10. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Hopefully tomorrow mornig if all goes well tonight!

11. Yes to this morning, and also a big +1 to I-Love-Ratm's post. And I have work Monday morning, bleugh. What happened to my wagon-ridin' days...

12. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Now that's easy to cure. Just call your boss that you're sick and gonna be staying home tomorrow. I know I just did :meh:

13. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Yea, everything from the moment my head hit the pillow until my 5 month old woke me up around 4:30AM is a complete blank to me. :)

Oh, you mean by drinking? I (don't) remember those days and at this point I'm glad they're behind me. It sucks having people tell you just how complete an a$$ you were but not be able to recall a minute of it.

14. Yeah, I don't like to not remember my night. That's why I don't usually drink whisky anymore. Some bartenders probably wouldn't sell me jameson if I asked anymore, but I don't want that stuff anyway after themorning when I woke up in my car in the 100 degree heat.

(passengers seat)

15. I was a bit hungover this morning, but nothing a couple tylenols and some of nonna's homemade cooking couldn't cure (father's day lunch!).

16. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    same here... but apparently i downed a cup full of mixed alcohol... people i took it away from couldnt drink it because they said it was "too much alcohol...”
    psh Irish... cant hold their liquor

I have a theory that i practice and it yet to fail me... we show up at the gig at around 9... from 9 to 10 i down a bunch of alcohol... then have few beers... by 11 i stop drinking and sober up... when we left around 2:30am to drive around 2 hours home i was sober... i even checked on my breathalyzer (yes i have one in my car) it was fine i went on to drive...

Everyone should buy a breathalyzer... its fun...

17. my guitarist and i are seriously thinking about buying one. Maybe on ebay ? :D

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    That’s where i got my... what i want to do is visit a sheriff i know... get wasted with him and test my breathalyzer vs his and see how close it is... i might post here if it works ok:)

problem is... it takes a lot to get me drunk... 6.3+ 330lb russian... few beers wont do it:) i am expensive...

PS i love being Russian... no hang overs:) just have to take a shot in a morning and i am good:)

Cheers

19. LOL I wanna SEE that ! :D Oh yeah russians can drink...

20. You guys are all a bunch of alcoholics! :eyebrow:

It's been three weeks since my last blackout.... but I had a nice buzz last night! :D

:bag: