Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hangover Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Yeah, I blanked out last night, did you ?

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    why yes, yes i did.

3. haha so did I

4. No. I'm stuck on the northshore.

I finally escaped the northshore for a few hours, got to play my bass etc. then I woke up on the northshore again (this was days ago) and now my car is totally dead. It seems some all-powerful being is trying to keep me here, and I don't like it. I must get to the city so that I can start working so I can black out more not on the northshore. Damn the northshore to hell.

Today I should be making my long-awaited exodus from this place. Hopefully this will work better.

On the bright side, I will probably be moving into a climate-controlled storage space. :meh:

5. Did I mention I'm doing terrible?

at least I have my health........................

6. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    Yeah I had quite the night last night too. Then up for work at 6am. FUN FUN :rolleyes:
    On a brighter note, I didn't black out...
    Whatever. Nothing 8 coffees in the morning can't fix. :D

Oog :)

7. No...I was the driver...so no drinking for me... :bawl: ( well ok about 3 or 4 :D )

8. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Luckily not today. I try not to get to the blackout stage; I hate hearing about farm animals. :eyebrow: :D -jk.

9. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    No, despite the fact that we had a get-together last night. However I'm otherwise ill now.

So what can we learn from this? Obviously, your body is willing to make you pay for good time - for once I decided not to have too much beer, so I only took few during the whole evening, so now while I haven't had a hangover, I have a flu with fever.

Next time, I'll be partying all night long, as certainly a hangover is better than this misery :bawl:

10. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Hopefully tomorrow mornig if all goes well tonight!

11. Yes to this morning, and also a big +1 to I-Love-Ratm's post. And I have work Monday morning, bleugh. What happened to my wagon-ridin' days...

12. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Now that's easy to cure. Just call your boss that you're sick and gonna be staying home tomorrow. I know I just did :meh:

13. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Yea, everything from the moment my head hit the pillow until my 5 month old woke me up around 4:30AM is a complete blank to me. :)

Oh, you mean by drinking? I (don't) remember those days and at this point I'm glad they're behind me. It sucks having people tell you just how complete an a$$ you were but not be able to recall a minute of it.

14. Yeah, I don't like to not remember my night. That's why I don't usually drink whisky anymore. Some bartenders probably wouldn't sell me jameson if I asked anymore, but I don't want that stuff anyway after themorning when I woke up in my car in the 100 degree heat.

(passengers seat)

15. I was a bit hungover this morning, but nothing a couple tylenols and some of nonna's homemade cooking couldn't cure (father's day lunch!).

16. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    same here... but apparently i downed a cup full of mixed alcohol... people i took it away from couldnt drink it because they said it was "too much alcohol...”
    psh Irish... cant hold their liquor

I have a theory that i practice and it yet to fail me... we show up at the gig at around 9... from 9 to 10 i down a bunch of alcohol... then have few beers... by 11 i stop drinking and sober up... when we left around 2:30am to drive around 2 hours home i was sober... i even checked on my breathalyzer (yes i have one in my car) it was fine i went on to drive...

Everyone should buy a breathalyzer... its fun...

17. my guitarist and i are seriously thinking about buying one. Maybe on ebay ? :D

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    That’s where i got my... what i want to do is visit a sheriff i know... get wasted with him and test my breathalyzer vs his and see how close it is... i might post here if it works ok:)

problem is... it takes a lot to get me drunk... 6.3+ 330lb russian... few beers wont do it:) i am expensive...

PS i love being Russian... no hang overs:) just have to take a shot in a morning and i am good:)

Cheers

19. LOL I wanna SEE that ! :D Oh yeah russians can drink...

20. You guys are all a bunch of alcoholics! :eyebrow:

It's been three weeks since my last blackout.... but I had a nice buzz last night! :D

:bag: