1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Happy NBD! Warwick Fortress One

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bblooz, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Well, I finally pulled the trigger, and she's all mine! I just brought home my Warwick Fortress One. Serial number is E-02477xx-95 (does that mean it's a 1995?). Neck and frets are in great shape. There's a few dings in the maple body, but nothing serious. Now I'll have to figure out the electronics. Any idea where to get a manual on these babies? It has a push/pull pot on the volume control, and notched controls for the other three (I'm guessing neck & bridge tone and a blend?). I've heard some of these had a mix of active/passive PUs. There appears to be a small circuit board on each of the tone controls, but not on the last one (closest to the output jack - that's why I think it may be some kind of blender). Anyways, here's a couple pix I shot real quick:
    WarwickFortressOne01.JPG
    WarwickFortressOne02.JPG

2. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    Well done! I have a 98 Streamer LX, myself. I think you'll be pretty ham dappy.

bblooz likes this.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Hey Welcome to TalkBass!

From the top of the diamond shape the knows form....

Top center - Volume
    Right (if you are facing the bass) pickup pan
    Bottom - bass tone
    Left - treble tone.

Sweet bass!

bblooz likes this.
  4. Thanks - two thumbs up for the info on the knobs. I assume the push/pull pot is for active/passive?

5. SkinCoffin

SkinCoffin

Aug 18, 2015
    Australia
    Awesome. I've wanted to try a fortress for ages! :D

6. ipg

ipg

Feb 8, 2016
    Nice One!:thumbsup:

7. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Nice bass! I have a 96 Fortress Masterman. Great basses!! Congrats!

Welcome to Talkbass!

8. lowendblues

lowendblues Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Man that's sweet. I've really been gassing for one of those.

9. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Congratulations! I really like the fortress one, really cool looking basses and they sound fantastic too

10. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

Dec 9, 2011
    Brampton, On
    Actually the push pull is for eq on and bypass. Those pickups are active and require a battery at all times

11. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

Dec 9, 2011
    Brampton, On
    Awesome bass btw!!

12. Beautiful Warwick. The Fortess One and Masterman are two of my dream basses. Looks to be in good shape - congratulation.

13. bolophonic

bolophonic Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    My buddy brought a Fortress into the shop the other day. I guess an old friend had given it to him years ago. I had never played a Warwick, but I was very impressed with the sound.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021