1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

happy with my rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Diddii, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Well just wanted to tell everyone how happy i am with my rig right now... i have been so unhappy last 2 years with my sound :/ but finally i found the sound.

I played a bar-gig last night and my sound just was PERFECT i could almost cry every time i hit a note :D

Head: Ampeg SVT-3
    Cabinet: Ashdown ABM810

Anyone out there super happy with their rig.

2. GK 1001RB-II and a Dr. Bass 112. I want to add a 1260 for extra oomph, but its not necessary right now, I'm not giging. I've A/B'd my rig with several other heads and cabs in the last few months and I'm still happy with it.

Now if I could just get my basses to work properly...

3. It took me a while to find my rig (about 2 years). But right now, I am 100% satisfied with my Eden WT-600 and Mesa Roadready 6x10.:)

4. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I am very very happy with my rig - it took 17 years of buying and selling gear, but I finally have my perfect sound. Orange AD200B with two OBC115 cabinets. Perfection.

5. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    hey , how do you like the cab ? im planning on getting one tomorrow and need some feedback on it . thanks

6. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

After years of buying and selling, I finally am content with my Ampeg SVT-CL and Sadowsky SA410 cab.

7. I'm still searching for the right one. I have a feeling it will be ampeg.

8. Great cabinet, i love those speaker i also have the 1x15ABM and 2x10ABM for small venues. this ABM series kicks ass :)

9. For my needs I'm pretty happy. Carvin B800, BBT210S, SSB212. I was actually pretty happy with my previous head, a Tubeworks RT3300, but due to it's age the pots started to get scratchy.

10. Madness

Madness

Jul 27, 2005
    Madison, WI
    I'm hoping that when I ad my 2X10 I have the sound that I want.

11. jarrod cunningham

jarrod cunningham

Apr 24, 2007
    sylacauga alabama
    spector basses
    im getting a abm810 in a road case tomorrow ....

12. Avatar B410neo and a Genz Benz Neo Pak 3.5, it brings the thump on my Human Base 5 string.

13. I finally found my rig

QSC RPM 850
    Furman Power Conditioner
    SansAmp RBI
    Korg DTR 1000 Tuner

Avatar 210 Neo, 212 Delta Speaker Cabs

MIM fender Jazz with Lindy Fralin Pups or my Bongo

14. in a road case! that **** is heavy man :D

15. jimmy rocket

jimmy rocket

Jan 24, 2008
    Ayden, NC
    Svt 3-pro
    Svt 210he
    Svt 15E

mmmmmm....

16. sublime0bass

sublime0bass

Aug 2, 2007
    Boone, NC
    TMAX "Preamp" --> Crown XTI 1000 --> Ampeg 1832 he

17. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I'm happy.

Played a gig last Friday for the Ragbrai bike ride across Iowa.It was for the bicyclists end of the day party and was supposed to be in a big tent so I just brought my Dr Bass 310 neo cab and left my Dr Bass 115 cab at home.It ended up being outside at a bowling alley parking lot with a big stage and sound system.I use an RBI preamp and a Crown XTI 1000 bridged for 1000 watts at 8 ohms and really got to crank it.The bass wasn't in the monitors at all and the guy who ran sound said he hardly had to put any bass guitar in the FOH either.This is the second time I've used the 310 by itself at a larrge outside show and it again floored me how loud,clear and deep this little 53 pound cabinet sounds.My rack weighs about 30 pounds so my load in is easy and my rig kills.What more could a guy ask for from a bass rig?

18. ninerfan

ninerfan

May 28, 2006
    North San Diego
    SVT-II --------> Bergantino NV610.

2 pieces I will never sell.

19. "Happy with your rig" is a good place to be. :hyper:

20. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    I use a Peavey Tour 450 going into a Bergantino HT210. The cab is the best 2x10 I've ever played through and the Peavey Tour heads are very underrated - they sound fantastic. I'm really happy with my rig.