Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hardware

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by i_got_a_mohawk, Jun 27, 2005.

1. not sure at all if this is the right forum, but it was either here or misc, anyway

there are a fair few basses that come with darker chrome/black chrome (not matt black, still chrome) hardware

the fender aerodyne is one of them, the thing is, i really dont like the standard fender tuners and am looking for a set of the mini or whatever they are called tuners

[​IMG]

but in a darkened chrome, all 3rd party hardware only seems to come in plain chrome, gold and matt black :scowl:

2. To tell you the truth Mo, I've never seen the mini sealed tuners in flat black. I've only seen them in a glossy black like the Gotoh's:
    http://www.basspartsresource.com/bass_tunersgotoh.htm

I know that there is also another color that Gotoh offers but I'm pretty sure it's a special order - Black Chrome. It's like a dark smoky mirror chrome.

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    My Dingwall has flat black hardwear of that size...but they're open backed not sealed.

The bad news is that they're custom and won't fit other basses.

4. sorry, by matt black i meant solid black colour,

but they make them special order eh? the black chrome that is, ill need to try and contact them about it

5. ive been looking but cant seem to find anywhere that lists the gotoh in black chrome, and i cant find the actual gotoh website (if there is one)