1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke 4x10 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lfsbera, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Lfsbera

Lfsbera

Jan 4, 2015
    Hi folks!

I´m thinking about letting my old Hartke 4x10 cab go. I like how it sounds with my Mesa D800+, but it is too heavy!

Any suggestion for another cab, reliable as the Hartke but lighter?

Thanks!

jjace1313 likes this.
  2. Hartke Hydrive 410? :D

Moosehead1966, Alik, Winoman and 3 others like this.
  3. Bodeanly

Bodeanly Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    Used GK 410 NEO. Holy crap. Good stuff.

BrentSimons, Winoman and gregmon79 like this.
  4. Lfsbera

Lfsbera

Jan 4, 2015
    Thank you!

But they weight almost the same (63lbs) as my 410TP (65lb)...

BrentSimons likes this.
  5. The Chuck

The Chuck

Dec 11, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    Check out the new Fender Rumble cabs.

6. Lfsbera

Lfsbera

Jan 4, 2015
    Weight is the main factor for me. I don´t mind if it has only one speaker (10´ or 12´)

7. Ah! Didn't realize you had a Transporter. Yeah that wont do much for you.
    If you like the Hartke sound they do make a 2x10 Hydrive as well as a 1x12.
    GK's 2x12 Neo is great even sounding cab and quite light for what it is?
    Good luck in your tone quest!
    Brent

pht2356 likes this.
  8. Lfsbera

Lfsbera

Jan 4, 2015
    I live in Brazil, and most is hard to find here. But there´s a store near me that has the Fender Rumble, and they weight a lot less than the Hartke. Guess I´ll bring my D800 to the store and check the cabs out! Thanks!!

retslock and The Chuck like this.
  9. Lfsbera

Lfsbera

Jan 4, 2015
    I can find some Orange and MarkBass cabs here in Brazil, also... Are they good (generally speaking)?

MCF likes this.
  10. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    While I don't own one, I've heard and got a chance to play on a Markbass 104HR and it sounded pretty good to me. I think the weight was a little under 50 pounds. In general the Markbass stuff seems to be pretty solid and has a loyal following.

It's a little pricey and tone-wise there are brands I like better, but I think it's fine gear.

11. C_Becker

C_Becker

Mar 30, 2017
    Germany
    Not sure about bass cabs, but Orange guitar cabs are awesome, some of the best cabs around. They are very heavy though.

I'm guessing the bass cabs are equally awesome.

12. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I replaced mine with a pair of hydrive 112s.

BrentSimons and alanolynn like this.
  13. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements yet...Are you listening Spector, DR, GK, Line6?
    ^^^This. GK all day, every day.
    Rock on.

Bodeanly likes this.
  14. nilorius

nilorius

Oct 27, 2016
    Riga - Latvia
    I would advise you not to look at Hartke cabs, because they do too much vibration to the floor. Take Aguilar, more cheaper TC electronic.

15. I still use a Hartke 410TP and they are relatively lightweight for a 410. I think they are closer to 50 pounds than 65 pounds. I can can carry mine with no problem and I am 64.

scf4003 likes this.
  16. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Exactly what I was going to suggest. LOVE my GK Neo 410. And I went from a Hartke Hydrive to the GK Neo. I like the Neo quite a bit more. But they both have some of the same qualities. The Neo is a bit lighter though.

Bodeanly likes this.
  17. If you like the cab? Wheels and a piece of plywood for a roller cart is cheaper than a new cab. I use a really nice hand cart fer mine. I use a heavier 410 regularly. Wheels are your friend.

18. Turbo Sparky

Turbo Sparky Supporting Member

May 14, 2018
    South Eastern U.S.
    You opened up a can of worms...
    There are a ton of "light weight" cabs out there. Some are light, some are not. Some sound okay, some do not.
    I have/play a D800+ and love it...especially through either my Barefaced Supertwin (212) or my Barefaced 610. Relatively speaking, Barefaced is towards the upper end of cab prices, but most certainly worth every cent.
    Best review of Barefaced cabs is by "Guitar Interactive" on YT.
    Owned GK neo410, but found it sharted out when it had to push rich, low frequencies. Not to mention the size etc.
    Barefaced 610 is about 65lbs, and the Supertwin, with a METAL grill is about 35lbs...both with roller-blade style wheels, three handles, and impeccable customer service. Real deal players company IMO.
    Both are 1200W 4 Ohm cabs, max wattage when using 4 Ohm amps. They sound INCREDIBLE when D800+ is in 2 Ohm load!
    Happy hunting, good luck.

19. trailer

trailer Thumper Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2008
    Guntersville, Al.
    Wheels are your friend indeed!

BrentSimons and The Nameless like this.
  20. Alik

Alik

Apr 13, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    I own a Hartke 410XL, 80+ lbs. Also a 4.5XL - 92 lbs, both only used for open space events. My back was not happy until I got an HD210 with neo drivers and tweeter at only 36 lbs. Now rehearsal is fast and easy loading/unloading. Yep, it's a sealed cab but it gives great sound, imo.
    20180902_143421-1.

BrentSimons likes this.