1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke 5500 problem Please Help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bassbasixx, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Hey I just got a Hartke 5500 a couple weeks ago and I was playing out of it yesterday and I lost all the sound. I turned it off and back on and nothing and the fan was not going on. I waited 10min or so powered it back up and the fan came on and I had sound back, Has this happened to anyone?. I am totally freaking out since I just got it. I don't know whats up it has not done it since but makes me uncomfortable I can't have that playing out live. It did not feel hot either. The amp has plenty of power and sounds decent although the tube pre amp seems rather week don't seem to warm up the tone that much. Any thoughts on this?

2. What are you using for cabs?
    Did you go below minimum resistance?

3. Avatar 2x10 neo 500 watt 8ohm and Avatar 1x12 neo 250 watt 8ohm

4. Was the fan working?

Possibly, it overheated and went into thermal protection (I am assuming the Hartke has this protection.)

That's all I've got!

5. mike.b

mike.b

Aug 21, 2007
    england
    ring the shop where you brought it and e mail hartke.com.thats all i can really suggest.got the same amp and mines been good as gold.

6. Thanks guys for the input I think I will contact Hartke. It has only did it once but once is enough. I think the fan must of stopped and it got hot, but I am no expert I hope it is nothing major because I like the amp it has gobs of power and a real decent tone although I wish it had a few more features like a mute in front, speakon connection, and a tuner out. But I am not complaining if it is reliable I will be happy