1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke LH1000 cabinet combinations

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tonethrower, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Tonethrower

Tonethrower

Apr 11, 2010
    I've got the LH1000 going through the HX410 cab. Pretty satisfied with the sound, but when playing 80s rock with two guitars and loud drummer I am not quite as loud as I would like to be (volume control is at 8). I feel like the speakers are starting to distort just a tad.

I'd love another HX410 cabinet but they are $599 everywhere. I have never seen a better price except on a used one which I foolishly passed up priced at $400.

The thing is, there aren't many used cabs I've found out there that come close to the Hartke's 1000 watt rating and at 8 ohms.

I tried adding a 1x15 cab but it was only rated at 250 watts. I had to put the amp in dual mono mode which means the power is only 2x320watts. It sounded good but wasn't any louder.

When I say loud, I mean lots of volume without distortion. I'm not trying to drown anyone out, I just want good clean high quality bass. Anyone have any suggestions? Yes, money is a factor!

2. Larry Hartke

Larry Hartke

Feb 27, 2010
    Hartke Systems
    Hey Tonethrower,

Thanks for playing Hartke. Give me a call, I may be able to help you. 201-680-8153 Cell

3. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Sorry for being OT, but wow, I didn't know Larry Hartke was on TB.

4. Seidell

Seidell

Jun 26, 2009
    Queens, NY
    i have a LH1000 myself. I use the HX410 and HX115. the 115 has 500w handling and i have it bridged with the 4x10. so i it can handle the full 1000w @ 4ohms. I play a lot of death metal and nu metal and i cut through 2 guitars no problem at all(edit-and they are dropped tuned to low B and im in standard 5 string tuning and even with B pedaling I can cut through). the 8 x 10 is pretty nice too. But i feel that the 115 really makes me cut through better then 2 410 or 1 810....hope that helped :)

5. dacalac

dacalac

Mar 6, 2010
    Tonehammer lemme know if you find a better price as well. I have an LH500 and want to upgrade from my GK Backline!

6. Hector_G

Hector_G

Apr 6, 2009
    El Paso, Texas
    I also have the Hydrive 410 and 115. I'm really really happy with it. It took me a little while to learn how my Carvin R1000 interacts with these cabs, but I got the EQ perfect now and the tone is amazing.

True, I never see any used ones out anywhere. Looks like everyone is pretty happy with it. No ones getting rid of them.

I'm actually looking to buy another HX410 as well. With this new project I'm doing, I use a lot of synths. I'm going to be stacking the two HX410s along with the HX115.
    Overkill? Maybe, but I want to be able to get some deep lows without pushing all the speakers too much.

7. Jebus! I run my LH1000 into an Eden 410xlt and I think I've started to go slightly deaf playing it due to the volume.

Are you running your head bridged? It's hard to think you wouldn't be getting enough volume, even at 8ohm/750w.

8. I get by with an LH500 through either the hx115 for smaller gigs, or an Ampeg 810. How loud is your band?

9. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I'll bet he isn't. That's probably the problem... :meh:

MM

10. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I run my LH1000 bridged into an Aguilar GS410 and it's crazy loud. Most gigs I don't get past 2 or 3 on my volume and I'm too much. My GS410 is 4 ohm. No problem not being loud enough.

11. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Larry, had no idea you were on the forums. Love the new Hydrive stuff btw. Hartke really knocked it out of the park with this line. :bassist::bassist:

P.S.
    will be getting hydrive cabs when the cash is a little more liquid.

12. Tonethrower

Tonethrower

Apr 11, 2010
    Yes, I'm in bridged mono using the speakon connector. I'm probably loud enough really but I don't want to push so hard to get there. I believe that with another 4x10 cabinet I could achieve world domination but I"m going to call Larry in a little while and see what suggestions he might have.

13. Whitbass

Whitbass

Jan 22, 2010
    Does the Speakon Cable need to be rewired to 1+/2+ for the LH1000 used in Bridge Mode?

14. No, it has a bridge switch which changes it internally, so it's
    +1, -1 to +1, -1.

15. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i know a lot of people like their 410/115 combinations, and far be it from me to second guess people who like that combination, but i would do whatever it takes to get a second hydrive 410 if at all possible.

btw, i second the thumbs ups to the hydrives. by far, they're the best cabs larry hartke ever came up with imho. wish i could afford to buy everything i liked because i'd probably get one, but hey...i'm not hurtin' ;)