1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke lh1000 DO signal chain?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lwknives, Feb 26, 2013.

1. lwknives

lwknives

May 6, 2012
    Is the direct output on a Hartke lh1000 before or after the fx loop?
    I want to run a volume pedal in the fx loop but need it to also control the DO output for swells.

2. lwknives

lwknives

May 6, 2012
  3. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    Why don't you want the volume pedal between the instrument and the amp?

4. Why is it lame? If the DI was post EQ every change you made to your STAGE sound would affect how your FOH sounds. Possibly making the FOH sound bad.

5. lwknives

lwknives

May 6, 2012
    Volume into the front of the amp changes tone more than volume into the power section. My pedal board setup has half the pedals running into the amp input and half into the fx loop. My hope is that I can drive the preamp enough to get some grit and use the volume on my bass to control grit and tone and the vol pedal to control volume. That's what I do when playing my dual rec on guitar, it may not work with the Hartke's preamp design.

It is lame because none of the FX in the loop will go to FOH. Unless the DO circuit somehow bypasses the EQ.:confused: It wont allow me to do swells when I have my volume pedal in the loop. None of my delay or reverb will go FOH either.

6. Sorry I was just thinking of the DI.