1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke lh500+Rumble 115 V3

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SlappityPoppity, Jul 9, 2018.

1. SlappityPoppity

SlappityPoppity

Jul 9, 2018
    Greetings! This is my first time on TB so hello all. I'm going to trade my current v2 rumble 350 210 for a Hartke lh500. I'm looking into the v3 rumble 115 cabs. I've done some research and one of those cabs would get me 350 watts from the hartke, and 2 of those cabs I'll get the full 500 watts. I've never really need more than 350 watts on a gig, but would the two cabs be best for the sound dispersion? I found a decent deal where I could snag two of the Rumble 115 cabs for 350 bucks. Is it worth having 2 cabs or should I save some money and just buy one.
    Thanks y'all!

2. voided3

voided3

Nov 11, 2008
    Considering that one Rumble 1x15 is $300 new, I would definitely get both. A 2x15 setup with a 500 watt head will cover the majority of gig situations. If you never end up using both, sell one and enjoy the profit!

SlappityPoppity likes this.
  3. SlappityPoppity

SlappityPoppity

Jul 9, 2018
    That's
    Kinda what I was thinking too! Thanks! It's gonna be tight money wise but I think it would be worth it in the end.

Aqualung60 likes this.
  4. Kro

Kro Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    New Jersey
    Welcome to TalkBass!

Alright, so milking your amp for all it's worth isn't really the reason why doubling up is so great - it's for doubling the pumping air and for the coupling ability that will give you some free additional low-end. That will be way more worth it than the extra watts coming from your amp.

So anyways, I'm simplifying a little, but forget about the watts, but still get two of the 115s at that price! :thumbsup:

Nice choice on head by the way, I've had a soft spot for those Hartke LHs since I got to play around with one a bit a few years ago.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    SactoBass and SlappityPoppity like this.
  5. SlappityPoppity

SlappityPoppity

Jul 9, 2018
    Thanks!! That's kinda also what I was thinking lol this guy I met on Facebook Marketplace sold me a couple Aguilar pedals (tlc comp and Agro overdrive) saw I posted about buying a new Amp and he proposed the trade for hartke. I've heard great things about them and am excited to have my first "rig."

Kro likes this.
  6. rogypop

rogypop

Jan 10, 2009
    Croatia
    I have hartke lh500 and i use it with single 15, its among the loudest amps around so do not worry about the headroom. Get both cabs, not for the sheer volume sake, it will just sound plain better that way, even at low volumes being taller rig and pushing more air effortlesly. My 0.2 cents.

Aqualung60 and SlappityPoppity like this.
  7. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Get both cab.
    If can, test with rumble 500 head with those cab before you go with hartke lh500.

Hartke amp always produce nice sound with it hydrive driver. Does the rumble paper driver would change the hartke sonic vibe ?

Off topic.
    i dint own hartke head, but I move from rumble 200/150 v3 combo to hartke KB15 because hartke have something I can't get from rumble 15 driver : clean/clear/tight low end and crisp mid/hi mid voice .
    But, I still miss the vintage mode voice on rumble and the Rumble sound supprisingly good with elec guitar(input jack), keyboard and digital drum(RCA/aux input).

My2cent.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    SlappityPoppity and G-Dog like this.
  8. SlappityPoppity

SlappityPoppity

Jul 9, 2018
    Thanks man. Honestly, it also just looks cooler having the 2 cabs versus 1. So better looks AND better sound? I am in. Thanks for your cents!

9. SlappityPoppity

SlappityPoppity

Jul 9, 2018
    Thanks man! I can't afford the Rumble 500 at the moment. I can only make this happen since I'm trading even up my current combo (Rumble 350 210 v2) for the Hartke LH500. I've heard great things all across the board for most things hartke and most things Fender, but this deal seems to be extremely affordable. At this point in my life (very recent college graduate) I really need to save money wherever I can. This Rumble 2 for 1 deal seems almost too good to be true since these cabs are so new yet. My Lakland Skyline has an amazing preamp/EQ in it and the highs are really prominent if I'm not careful with how I EQ it for each gig setting. It truly is an amazing bass for the price I paid for it. Kind of off topic, but I hope that kinda helps clarify my current situation. Thanks for your advice! I truly would love to test out a hundred heads, but my budget says otherwise haha

Yahboy likes this.
  10. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    Welcome to TalkBass!
    You are aware the LH500 uses the 'fender tone stack' type of EQ?
    Setting everything at '12' will actually sound like it's scooped. Flat setting is Bass 2/Mids-10/Highs-2.
    See this OLD post:
    Help with LH500 eq

Regards,
    Mike

11. SlappityPoppity

SlappityPoppity

Jul 9, 2018
    Thanks Mike! I've heard that before. I'll keep that in mind when I get it!

12. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    ^^^THIS! :thumbsup:

The difference between 350 and 500 watts won't even be noticeable, but doubling the speaker cones most certainly will be noticeable!

Plus, with the two-cab scenario, you can play smaller gigs with just one cab, and bigger gigs with the stacked pair. Nice!

And, note to the OP: since you mentioned dispersion, always stack those cabs vertically, not place them side by side.

And one more note to the OP: welcome to TB! :)

13. SlappityPoppity

SlappityPoppity

Jul 9, 2018
    Thanks and thanks! I figured stacking them would be the best bet. Having the option to go one or two cabs seems like an awesome setup. I'm pumped!

SactoBass likes this.
  14. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    The hartke lh500 is a good bass amp to own. it's simple yet versatile. is powered by 1 12ax7 tube and is great for recordings and live performances. I own one and play through a gk cx 1x15. it sounds phenomenal. especially when using effects like distortion and modulation. it's a good amp to own if you play rock and metal music.

15. SlappityPoppity

SlappityPoppity

Jul 9, 2018
    Thanks! I'll play pretty much any style so versatility is a must.

Crystalman85 likes this.
  16. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Indeed it is versatile for a hybrid bass head with simple controls. very useful for many genres.

17. SlappityPoppity

SlappityPoppity

Jul 9, 2018
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to it!

Crystalman85 likes this.
  18. SlappityPoppity

SlappityPoppity

Jul 9, 2018
    Update: sounds great! Haven't fixed the broken tweeter in the bottom cab yet. I have more pedals than I ever thought I'd have and I love it. I've purchased more since this picture.

Attached Files:

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020