has anyone played on a cruise ship?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by buddahbass, Jan 4, 2005.

1. buddahbass

Dec 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    i'm considering trying to get a job as a working bassist on a cruise ship. and wanted to see if anybody has done this before and could offer any advice. i am 29, have been playing about 12 years, can sight read, and have experience playing in just about every style of music. what else should i know before trying to set sail? :confused:
  2. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    Do you get seasick? :D

That would be a good thing to know before you left.
  3. Make sure you have enough items to cover yourself
    ie: Alot of batteries , 4 or more sets of strings , Your gear is in shape I usually take 4 basses just those sort've things because your cruise could last up to 6 months and when you do make stops chances are there might not be any music stores
    So do yourself a favour even if you go overboard with the accessories b/c it's better to have it then not just those sort've things and another thing use your freetime wisely ( exercise , practicing is also good and keeps you sharp )
    Try not to get tempted you know alcohol but when it's the last day of the cruise by all means also I dunno if it's right to say this but you do meet alot of women it pays to keep it in perspective by being professional but hey I'm guilty of this sin
    but remember your their to work but believe me it's a good experience I mean you don't have to spend your money b/c everything is provided and better yet you get to do what you were born to do play Bass

Good luck dude and prosperus journey