Has Someone Here Recently Listed an Ampeg PF800/PF115he, (ported) on eBay?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Hoochie Coochie Man, Dec 27, 2014.

1. Hoochie Coochie Man

Hoochie Coochie Man Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2014
    The Chequamegon
    Had a strange thing occur on eBay yesterday. I found a listing for a PF800/PF115he cab, and started the bidding, at $500.00, on Thursday, (I think). Did not "watch" the listing. I did review it later by selecting bidding/buying in My eBay. Last night, I attempted to view the auction again, and eBay said I had no bids outstanding. I don't understand how an auction, and my bid could vanish.

I talked to eBay customer service, and they said that if they, or the seller cancelled the auction, I should be notified. I could not provide seller id, or item number. they said they will try to see if they can figure out what happened.

I think the seller may post here. The description said that the cabinet was modified by adding ports. The photo showed two round ports. The seller said he had purchased the rig from GC four months ago, and was doing small jazz gigs, and did not need 800W. I think the seller is in California. The auction was to end Sunday, (12/28/14) afternoon.

No big deal if someone decided to cancel the auction.

eBay could not explain it, so I doubt anyone here can explain it either.

If anyone here is the seller, and decided to cancel the auction, I understand, but if you read this, could you let me know that I was not hallucinating that I placed a $500.00 bid on eBay?

Comments, anyone?

Thanks, fellow TBers.