Having trouble while singing and playing

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Crustycrust, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Crustycrust

Crustycrust

Aug 26, 2020
    Hi! I play bass and do vocals for a Hardcore Punk band and I also play bass while doing vocals for a Thrash Metal band.
    I never used to think about my playing, I was more of a "go for it" type of musician, letting the things I learned by practicing just come out alone automatically and shuting off from everything around me.
    A while ago, I started having trouble with both my vocals and my bass playing, when I do those things together, I start overthinking and my hands start shaging up, even when I play some easy 4-chord punk rock song they shag up.
    I've been playing since 2015 and since I started I've never had this problem, it began as of December 2019 when I was playing with another band. It's also something that comes and goes, like, I will be doing fine for a month, then I get frustrated for around 3-4 months because this happens, only to be able to do it again later and shaging up again, it makes me angry.

Anyone has dealt with this before? Any tips on how to overcome it?

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 27, 2022