1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Head broke, Under Acoustic warrenty, Acoustic not responding.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lukep, May 12, 2011.

1. lukep

lukep

Jan 18, 2009
    Hello,
    I am really not sure where this should go so I apologize if it’s in the wrong section, but on to business...
    I have a B200H Acoustic head that a few weeks ago stopped working. It is still under the 3 year Acoustic warranty (I still have the receipt), however Acoustic so far has not responded to any of my emails and they do not have a phone # listed on their site. What should I do?
    -Luke

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Take it to Guitar Center, which owns Acoustic.

3. lukep

lukep

Jan 18, 2009
    I also sent out an email to guitar center but they also have not responded.

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    No, I didn't say "email" GC, I said "take it to" them. If you have one in your region, that is.

5. lukep

lukep

Jan 18, 2009
    I do, and i went there a few days ago they said to contact Acoustic. As you can see i am in a bind.
    -Luke

6. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    I had pretty much the same experience with any Acoustic gear I have used. Luckily GC made it right for me.

7. lukep

lukep

Jan 18, 2009
    how so?

8. I just talked to my buddy in our GC...he said to take the head into your GC and, as long as the head isn't trashed ("...muddy, ripped tolex, etc..."), they should replace it on the spot. If it IS trashed, they may elect to arrange a repair rather than an immediate swap. If you don't have your purchase receipt, they can try to verify purchase via the serial number or your name.

9. geoff_in_nc

geoff_in_nc

Dec 13, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Is there no phone number/contact info in the manual?

10. lukep

lukep

Jan 18, 2009
    Okay Mudd ill try that. And Geoff, there is an address but no email or #.

11. Kael

Kael

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Go to GC and don't take no for an answer. Have them either replace (preferably) or repair it. Ask for a manager. Don't waste time with an employee.

12. lukep

lukep

Jan 18, 2009
    Okay thanks everybody.

13. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    After the second cab blew a speaker they let me trade it in for store credit.

14. 450Watt

450Watt

Nov 12, 2009
    Product Manager: Acoustic Amplification
    Hi Lukep,

I am the product manager for the Acoustic Bass amp line.
    Sorry you have not received a response from the customer service email.

Not sure why, we have people answering requests every day.
    I am going to look into it.

As for the warranty-
    The people responding here are correct.
    The warranty policy is replacement at the GC store. All you have to do is take it to the store and they will replace it as long as it is within the warranty period and the failure is not due to abuse. This is satndard proceedure and should not be any issue at the store. If you have a copy of your receipt, it will speed things up at the store but if you don't, the store can look it up.

I do recommend calling the store first to make sure they have your model in stock. They won't be able to replace it if they happen to be out of stock at the time. In the event that they are out of stock, it should be short and the salesperson should be willing to call you as soon as they get one in.

Thanks for playing Acoustic!
    Brian

15. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    You can't beat an exchange warranty like that!

16. You must be a new warm body at Acoustic. Heck - you must be the ONLY human body at your place.

I had the phone number once, called it and got put on terminal hold. I waited a solid two hours for someone to come back to the phone just to see how long it would take - but I had to go to bed and finally quit.

The phone number I Googled no longer exists or it's been shut down by now.

Frankly, if you are for real - then you are a recent addition as e-mails never got answered for me ---- and I sent a slug of them.

Acoustic has run roughshod over their customers since when I bought mine, I got 'Talk to the hand' without hearing the words.

The gear is fine - I even posted this on your new-improved website about the problems I cured without the help of anyone from Acoustic - and that's prolly the better for me. You'd only re-install the same bad part that I upgraded and have had no trouble ever since

Again - I never received a reply - so I'm calling your bluff here and you can call me if you send ME a PM first and I can let you know the rest of the juicy details.

I will be available most of tomorrow, Friday and I'm in California.

As it is - I'd believe in the Tooth Fairy before I'd believe in anyone at Acoustic reading or answering any e-mails.

At this time I own the following Acoustic gear::

B-450
    B-115
    B-410 (x 2)
    B-600H
    B-810​

...so I am not angered about the equipment (it works very well and at the moment, I have no problems with it at all) it's just the customer relations that I don't believe exist.

PS your: "Not sure why, we have people answering requests every day.
    I am going to look into it."

I'd look at the screens of these 'people who are answering' e-mails. I bet they are playing video games or posting to In Your Face instead.

17. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Ouch...
    Will be interesting to see the outcome of this one.

18. So far - silence.

19. Substandard

Substandard

Oct 15, 2009
    Seattle
    You really think they are going to call you so you can whine about things?
    Wow, good luck with that.

I don't used acoustic gear but I do think it's great for the pricepoint and frankly, I completely believe that a rep for the company would be here to offer support.

But again, good luck with your quest, it's probably going to be a long wait.

20. It has been so far - over a year. Then now I see a 'representative' posting on a forum and NOT handling this through their supposedly real and concerned company customer relations department?

Seriously, do you think anyone from Acoustic would come here and defend a company that doesn't give a rat's about customers and after sales service?

C'mon - the bait's out for the guy to call - if he's got the gombies to do it!

Lessee what the company really says and does and if those two concepts every meet.

It's not about the gear - it's the people who don't care that matters.

I'm not whining - I have a logical gripe and so far have been stiff-armed and that's not the way to run a business.