1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Heil PR 40 Stubby

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Ric Vice, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    Gents,
    I haven't emailed Bob Heil lately, but with the economy tanking, I'm taking a wild guess here, that the user friendly version of the Heil PR 40 isn't going to make it into production, any time in the foreseeable future?
    Anyone heard anything?

Ric

2. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    DFW Area, Tejas
    After none of my e-mails got answered, so I'm going to guess no. I just bought a regular version on Ebay tonight and am going to see if I can make it work with my large version of the H Clamp. I got a buyer to accept a bid at a decent enough price where if it doesn't work as well as the compact version I can re-sell it.

3. TimmyP

TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    You aren't talking about the PR48 are you? It's frequency tailored for kick (which is a great application for the PR40 - I think it's un-tailored response and lower-than-normal proximity effect frequency peak are what make it work so well). Yes the PR40 is a little big, but the stand clip is good, and it will (with a little effort) fit into the largest On Stage shock mount. (I've not done an A-B between the hard mount and the cheap shock mount - it's on my to-do list.) (So far I've used the PR40 for kick and guitar cabs - I hope to try it on other things soon.)

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 25, 2020