1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hello from Baltimore

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by QuintrKD, May 11, 2006.

1. Hi fellow bassists!

It's been a while since I've been to this forum, and just noticed today that I've never posted.

I've been playing bass for about 3 years, but have been a musician for 30 years (tenor and bass trombone). I've been playing with my Church's Praise Team for about 2-1/2 years, and it has truly been a blessing. About a year ago, we put together our first CD. We play some fairly progressive songs in worship, like Tomlin, Baloche, Redman, & Crowder. I've been on an incredible journey already, and it's only been 2-1/2 years!

I've just recently learned all the modes, and am working on becoming versatile in various music genres, improvisation and fretless techniques. The muscle memory is really beginning to kick in from the scales and intervals exercises!

I very much enjoy playing my Schecter California Custom, but am becoming more partial to fretless because of its expressiveness, timbre and flexibility to be true in intonation (my trombone background). I'm hoping to get a semi-acoustic Carvin or electric upright by the end of year. I'm also loving my programmable sansamp.